Pequod's Pizza #BESTPIZZAONTHEPLANET

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Out of my way? I mean if I'm in a 5-10 mile radius of MG or LP, I'm getting Pequods, considering I live in Yorkville. It's an hour drive into the city or near MG, so if I'm there, fuck it, I'm having Pequods.

No mine. Meaning, I wouldn't necessarily head out from my place to just get it.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Pequods was a favorite when we lived in the city. The closest thing to Pequod’s by me now is Fiamme in Naperville and its Detroit style pan pizza. Amazballs. Shape is a little different, but I think the crust has more bite to it - always thought P’s was a little bland.
F187F10A-024F-48CD-BD6A-A7FE9C122007.jpg

I always see this place now I have to order a pizza. Looks good

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Giordanos has perfected the deep dish chain pizza imo. There’s one here in Denver and it tastes just like any I’ve been to in the Chicagoland area.

My single biggest pizza disappointment was driving over an hour to go to a rosati’s here and it fucking sucking ass. I was so mad, the people there had no clue it should be any different.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Rosati's is like a step above Papa John's. Is it even worse in CO?
the one in Niles off Milwaukee and the one in Schaumburg near the mall are both awesome
Rosati’s are all different (I think)

we have one right outside the campus at work that is one of my favorite pizzas in the area. There’s another a few miles away by my parents house and they use a totally different sauce.
There’s two chains and yes they’re all different.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Yeah, the Rosati's by my house (the one in south Arlington Heights) isn't good. Sauce is way too rich and overpowering. Better than the nationwide chains, but worse than just about every other local place I've had.

Anyone try Mug's? Not great by any means, but also isn't bad, and they deliver until 4am....and will deliver to whatever bar you are at also!

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah, the Rosati's by my house (the one in south Arlington Heights) isn't good. Sauce is way too rich and overpowering. Better than the nationwide chains, but worse than just about every other local place I've had.

Anyone try Mug's? Not great by any means, but also isn't bad, and they deliver until 4am....and will deliver to whatever bar you are at also!

there is one in Schaumburg kitty corner from Lou's, and recently changed their hours to be open for lunch. I keep forgetting to go there for a burger or something.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I had Rosati's last week, wife hates it and kids love it. The kids had a half day last week, so I took a half day off work and we ate Rosati's and rewatched most of season 1 of Mandalorian.

I used to work in Arlington Heights and we'd have a monthly meeting where we'd bring in Rosati's for the company while the meeting was going on. Ever since then, I associate Rosati's with working in AH. I used to go pick it up off Buffalo Grove Rd I believe and I'd keep all the tabs off the pizza boxes and get free pizzas at home!

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Giordanos has perfected the deep dish chain pizza imo. There’s one here in Denver and it tastes just like any I’ve been to in the Chicagoland area.

My single biggest pizza disappointment was driving over an hour to go to a rosati’s here and it fucking sucking ass. I was so mad, the people there had no clue it should be any different.
Gios is very consistent. I've had them in Phoenix and Las Vegas and it's essentially the exact same as the ones in Chicagoland.

Rosatis is an odd pizza chain. We had them all over Phoenix, but there were clear and distinctly different even from each other, let alone the places back in IL. I'm not sure if there are just 2 different chains with thr same name or its how they franchise.

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Gios is very consistent. I've had them in Phoenix and Las Vegas and it's essentially the exact same as the ones in Chicagoland.

Rosatis is an odd pizza chain. We had them all over Phoenix, but there were clear and distinctly different even from each other, let alone the places back in IL. I'm not sure if there are just 2 different chains with thr same name or its how they franchise.
Talking to the guys at the Niles one (worked next door for like 10 years and they’re a franchise but there’s two of them (some sort of family feud split like farm and fleet vs fleet farm) and he basically said they did their own thing as far as ingredients goes but get them from the same supplier. They did their own thing with sauce which I think is was their key to great pizza.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What's nice about Rosati's, is you can buy a 16" or 18" and get a free 12". So if you need quantity, say like a kids b-day party, or a football game party, etc, it's a great solution.

The place I worked at in Geneva does that too, but our biggest is 16" due to oven size limitations.

Reactions: blue-sun

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
What's nice about Rosati's, is you can buy a 16" or 18" and get a free 12". So if you need quantity, say like a kids b-day party, or a football game party, etc, it's a great solution.

The place I worked at in Geneva does that too, but our biggest is 16" due to oven size limitations.

If you want cheap quantity for kids party, it's hard to beat the $5 Little Caesars classic pizzas. When I got Rosati's last week, large pepperoni and we had a free 12" cheese, it was still nearly $30! For $30, I could buy 6 pizzas at LC.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What about this place? I hear everyone rave about the Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder....but can't tell if its just touristy BS or not. Never had it....

iu
I'm actually having this for dinner tonight, will post pics. My son offered to pick it up if we paid. Nowhere near as good when taking it to go, but it will do lol

Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info