Peloton

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Anyone have one or thinking of getting one?

We took delivery of ours Dec 30th and so far have very much enjoyed it. Figured we would like it, but it has definitely exceeded our expectations. My wife has gone back and forth about possibly getting one for a couple years and finally with the COVID restrictions in early december going backwards and who knows when gyms will be normal, we decided to take the plunge. Purchased a base unit with an Affirm special for like 36 months 0% interest and I get a few months free of the month subscription with my cc. Cost per month after adding sales tax and extended warranty on a base bike worked out to be like ~56 bucks, add the 39 for the monthly subscription and it ends up what I was paying alone for my Lifetime Fitness membership, which I put on hold.

After being a lifelong treadmill running, man is it a different workout, but the classes do get you exhausted... its just a different feeling, but hey my knees are definitely not struggling like they were beginning to, plus playing basketball.

Biggest surprise was not only the classes themselves and how they are done, but the extent of choices and extra ones like weight lifting, yoga, stretching, etc etc

Highly recommended, especially when you factor in overall costs. The membership is one price, but multiple users fwiw

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
my wife has one, she loves it. I think she has the 1st gen bike, not the one that came out recently. Its not a terrible investment with all things considered, its nice you can log into your profile on another bike anywhere. I don't ride it nearly as much as I should, but its well built and sturdy. Tons of choices like you said, live classes, good playlists/themed rides and their app has a ton of extra stuff too.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
We have one being delivered Feb 18th. Was supposed to be Jan 19th, but apparently they are delayed. Ordered Dec. 15th.

I'll do it if there are hot instructors to stare at
Yeah ours was pushed back two weeks.
Fwiw, we ordered the first week of Dec and for the basic bike the soonest delivery was like Feb 5th or something. I got an email on like 12-22 saying there were earlier delivery windows. I couldnt get the link to work so I did their chat function and the rep was like oh someone cancelled and we can deliver it on 12-30... I was like uhhhh YUP

Not sure if you can, but I might suggest reaching out and see if another window is open or check for that email thing

I believe they are struggling to get the deliveries done is the holdup, not the units themselves, but the other ones I believe are "backordered" like the bike+

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Fwiw, we ordered the first week of Dec and for the basic bike the soonest delivery was like Feb 5th or something. I got an email on like 12-22 saying there were earlier delivery windows. I couldnt get the link to work so I did their chat function and the rep was like oh someone cancelled and we can deliver it on 12-30... I was like uhhhh YUP

Not sure if you can, but I might suggest reaching out and see if another window is open or check for that email thing

I believe they are struggling to get the deliveries done is the holdup, not the units themselves, but the other ones I believe are "backordered" like the bike+
I've talked to several customer service reps and supervisors....and even sent an email to John Foley (the CEO of Peloton) and haven't gotten anything offered better than a discount. However my neighbor had the same experience as you....ordered early December, for delivery the day after Christmas.

Seems like their supply chain is majorly disorganized.

• Sad
Reactions: The Broken Regal

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Yeah, we ordered the + and they originally pushed it back 6 weeks, but we've been snagging earlier spots as they've opened in our area.

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Let's get a TCG group workout going.

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info