3800 peeling out way too much

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Mods are in my sig. Whenever i try to give some gas under 30 mph on the street my tires are instantly squeeling and smoking. Especially off the line i can barely go quarter throttle before they squeel. If i floor it too soon they will burn up and i wont get anywhere! I punched it from 35 and it squeeld before it took off. Its fun when when u wanna show off and burn out going 20 but NOT fun at all when it comes down to racing. What will help me catch grip. Keep in mind i have STOCK tires. Im afraid to get new performance tires just incase they wont help. Will the Diff help? If I should get a diff which one should i get? ANY POSTS ARE APRRECIATED. thanks

ADAM S.

I

imported_Diavolo

I got the same prob, just replace 30mph with 50 (or whatever allows me to shift into 1st)

I think there are some suspension things that would help. Motor mounts will and spring blocks. I got both and they helped, but more mods aren't helping the traction.

I have simalar mods as you and my stock tires weren't cutting it. I got a set of BF Goodrich KDW and they hook like a son of bitch. They're a little on the pricey side but I'm sure any performance tire will help a bunch.
Dont get me wrong if I punch it from a stop my tires will still spin, you just gotta ease into the gas. At the drag strip, if i didnt do somewhat of a burnout I would still spin 'em. So if you know your gonna drag someone warm the tires up a little if you can. Doing that on the tires you have right now probably wont make a difference.
If I hit the gas at about 25-30 and it shifts to first, the most sound I get is a little chirp, Id look into some new tires. Hope that helps

S

sr71_rgl

The key is to keep the weight over the front wheels so spring blockers or adj struts are a good option. Tires and suspension play the biggest roles in launching. The stock/open diff is your best choice as of now for both reliability and performance. Just avoid 1 wheel peels and adjust your tire pressure accordingly and 1.9 60's are repeatable.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I can vouch for the Yoko's, I used to pull good 60's on them. I've also had good luck with my Falken Ziex-512's.

You can plus size the tire to a 235/55/16 and it will help some, but not as tight to the rim as the stockers.

The largest footprint with a stock tire size is had with a BFG Traction T/A. I hear they're great when new, but performance fades at 15K miles or under.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by GTPictor@Sep 3 2005, 10:32 PM
thought you were comming by to get tires soon
[snapback]96875[/snapback]​

I wanted to come by and buy some tires but I was afraid in case i would buy them and they wouldnt help much. A majority of people were tellin me to get a diff, others were sayin get a suspension kit. I was confused on what to actually get. Before I wanted to do more power mods like a cam but whats the use if I cant get the power to the ground? So i think ima save money to get a suspension kit and tires around the same time.

P.S -- I was coming to buy tires that day from u Pictor but I didnt have the PIN # for the credit card. AND by the time I recieved the pin# in the mail people were telling me about getting diffs and suspension instead because "my stock tires were finee" Sorry about all the non-sense but I will be getting the tires soon. I will give u call. Again im sorry about the non-sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info