• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

peeling out way too much

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
Mods are in my sig. Whenever i try to give some gas under 30 mph on the street my tires are instantly squeeling and smoking. Especially off the line i can barely go quarter throttle before they squeel. If i floor it too soon they will burn up and i wont get anywhere! I punched it from 35 and it squeeld before it took off. Its fun when when u wanna show off and burn out going 20 but NOT fun at all when it comes down to racing. What will help me catch grip. Keep in mind i have STOCK tires. Im afraid to get new performance tires just incase they wont help. Will the Diff help? If I should get a diff which one should i get? ANY POSTS ARE APRRECIATED. thanks

ADAM S.

I

imported_Diavolo

I got the same prob, just replace 30mph with 50 (or whatever allows me to shift into 1st)

I think there are some suspension things that would help. Motor mounts will and spring blocks. I got both and they helped, but more mods aren't helping the traction.

BigJermGTP

Reaction score
I have simalar mods as you and my stock tires weren't cutting it. I got a set of BF Goodrich KDW and they hook like a son of bitch. They're a little on the pricey side but I'm sure any performance tire will help a bunch.
Dont get me wrong if I punch it from a stop my tires will still spin, you just gotta ease into the gas. At the drag strip, if i didnt do somewhat of a burnout I would still spin 'em. So if you know your gonna drag someone warm the tires up a little if you can. Doing that on the tires you have right now probably wont make a difference.
If I hit the gas at about 25-30 and it shifts to first, the most sound I get is a little chirp, Id look into some new tires. Hope that helps

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
What kinda differential do u guys recomend i know quaife has a great one but its a lil pricey. Whats the difference between the quaife and the c-ya racing diff? Im sure it will help me catch grip, right?

S

sr71_rgl

The key is to keep the weight over the front wheels so spring blockers or adj struts are a good option. Tires and suspension play the biggest roles in launching. The stock/open diff is your best choice as of now for both reliability and performance. Just avoid 1 wheel peels and adjust your tire pressure accordingly and 1.9 60's are repeatable.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I can vouch for the Yoko's, I used to pull good 60's on them. I've also had good luck with my Falken Ziex-512's.

You can plus size the tire to a 235/55/16 and it will help some, but not as tight to the rim as the stockers.

The largest footprint with a stock tire size is had with a BFG Traction T/A. I hear they're great when new, but performance fades at 15K miles or under.

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
Originally posted by GTPictor@Sep 3 2005, 10:32 PM
thought you were comming by to get tires soon
[snapback]96875[/snapback]​
I wanted to come by and buy some tires but I was afraid in case i would buy them and they wouldnt help much. A majority of people were tellin me to get a diff, others were sayin get a suspension kit. I was confused on what to actually get. Before I wanted to do more power mods like a cam but whats the use if I cant get the power to the ground? So i think ima save money to get a suspension kit and tires around the same time.

P.S -- I was coming to buy tires that day from u Pictor but I didnt have the PIN # for the credit card. AND by the time I recieved the pin# in the mail people were telling me about getting diffs and suspension instead because "my stock tires were finee" Sorry about all the non-sense but I will be getting the tires soon. I will give u call. Again im sorry about the non-sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom