Passenger Window Problem

fastss

street militia
Mar 31, 2009
NW Burbs
My passenger window on my 1997 Camry does not go down anymore. I have the door panel off and i used to be able to push it down with the drivers side switch while supporting the actual window down. It would go up with the passenger side switch.

Now it does not go down at all. The window motor makes a click sound when i push the switch up while it's all the way up.

The window did go down the other day, I put a LEXUS switch in from an ES300 and the wires heated up but it did not work. Put the old stock switch back in right away and it went down and up. Couple minutes later it did not work.

A bolt was always loose and raddled when it would go down for a while. Then the day i knew it was time to fix it was when it went down off track. Then it stopped going down completely.

So lost and wanna repair myself but i do not think that will happen if i cannot pinpoint the problem.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
lol - prolly the moto/regulator goin bad - or being a toyota....if the drivers switch goes bad none of the other switches wil work....start by getting the window back on track - then disconnect the motor plug and hook 12v from the battery to it - one way will make it go up and flip the wires and it will go down....if it works fine then its prolly the drivers switch (being a toyota and their dumb logic) if it dont go up or down...then buy a motor/regulator setup....G/L

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
So run 2 wires into the little socket? and when it goes down flip the positive and negative and it will go back up?
can i use an ohm meter to check this also? see if i'm getting voltage from the motor socket and then check the switch socket?

power window circuits are gay - difficult to check motors with ohm meters sometimes....and relays can turn off before the voltmeter registers power.....

just take a power and ground wire to the motor plug...one way is up and flip the wires and it will go the oposite way....thats how to test the power window motor.... easiest to check so i would start there...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info