• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Parts needed to relocate alternator?

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
I think Kar Kraft used to make something, but they are long out of business.

Still doing the 'Twins' John?

You're no help... LOL!

Ideally, I would like to move it down to where I have my A/C delete idler, but I'm not sure anyone makes a bracket for this.

No, the twins are on hold because life happens. My son starts college this fall so I have to limit my modifications this year. Still have the 6-71 but now it is teflon stripped and setup to run M1 and E85. I will have Hogan put the tabs on the front of the intake so I can put my alternator in the factory location just in case I cannot get it relocated. Then I can look into moving it in the future. I don't want to get stuck with not being able use the car because I can't mount the alternator and have to send it back to get it modified. I sent them my complete intake setup to use as a template. Dan at FLP will be doing the engine swap and rebuild with the new cams, short block (MMR 1500 this time).

Pics when this comes together.

Cliff notes:

I am still looking for a bracket to move the alternator, either side down low, and use the original NA belt offset.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
If you have the current issue of MM&FF with the White GT500 Cobra on the cover, check the pictures of the cobra where they show the front suspension from the bottom. You can see the alternator sitting where the A/C compressor should be. Do all 5.4 DOHC blocks have the alternator in this position? If so, is there a special alternator or just a bracket that it bolts to?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list