• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Parking brake lock up

jtorres678

Apr 1, 2009
What can I do so my parkin brake won't lock up. One night I'm able to engage my parking brake to the right distance. And then I wake up the next morning I realize something is wrong when I disengage the parking brake. I try to engage it again. And the parking brake is more stiff and it ony goes half way the distance. I drive it for a while and the rear brakes are still grabbing while the parking brake is disengaged. But it's only from one side. I put it up on a lift and while the parking brake is disengaged. Right rear wheel moves freely but the left rear wheel doesn't move. So what can I do to fix this. I have a feeling it's the weather. When it gets cold this usually happens. Someone please help me.

Thanks

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
This happened a few times with my old Cobra. The first couple times both sticking, right when I pulled away I could tell the rear brakes were still on so I messed with the parking brake handle for a minute and they freed up. The last time it happened only one was sticking, If i recall correctly I was driving for about a half mile when I noticed it, I pulled over and could smell the brake. It was too late though, it cracked and warped the shit out of my Brembo D/S rotor:eek:h:. I got sick of it and just went to Ford and bought new rear calipers and installed stock rotors.

Never really figured out why the old calipers did it, I noticed it only did it when I applied the parking brake hard.

jtorres678

Apr 1, 2009
Well i mean I just did a full brake job with new rotors and pads. This was my first time doing the brake job since I bought the car which was 7 months ago. But when I did them. It looks like the last person who owned the car never did a brake job. Becuz it was hard to take off the rotor. We had to beat the living hell out of it to take it out. And when we bleeded them. It was hard to take out the fluid out of right rear. But everything went well I think. But Could it be the parking brake cable or the caliper. I want it fixed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jtorres678
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list