Movie Parasite

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
The South Korean movie Parasite won three Acadamey awards. With little marketing, I heard about it a month ago as the Oscars approached. We wanted to see what all the buzz was about so last night we watched it on Amazon Prime. It was weird good. I don’t know if I would have given it the Oscar for best picture, but it was entertaining. It kept my attention. Gives a good picture of life in South Korea. i think it would be better dubbed in English than having to read all the subtitles because you miss the actors reactions expressions and such. Anybody else see it yet?

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Watched it last night finally, and thought it was great. It won 4 Oscars Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best International Feature Film. It was the first non-English language film to win best picture, and was the first Korean film nominated for best international feature film.

Personally I didn't mind the sub titles. I think they are generally better than dubbing, but I would have liked to be able to watch more acting instead of reading at times. It didn't ruin it for me at all and for the most part you were still able to see what you needed to see while reading them. To me its always a good thing when you see a new, original idea do well. Whether that is box office, or awards, or both its better than seeing the same movies remade over and over.

Reactions: GLADIATOR
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info