PANDA's Yamaha Enticer Snowmobile Thread #BRAAAP

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Don't take this the wrong way but the fuel line INSIDE the gas tank will break down if you used regular fuel line (ask me how I know). You need submersible fuel line, its like $20 a foot.

Fun note. My buddies do a "cheap sled challenge" every year. Their limit is $300 for the cost of the sled and to get it running correctly. Then they take 'em out and race them around the lake. Pretty interesting.

That was the issue with my other red Enticer. Pretty sure I didn't replace it with submersible fuel line. Seems to run and start fine since the repair. How long it take yours to break down?

This new one might have the same issue. blew into the line going out the tank and didn't hear any bubbles.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well this new Enticer is in worse shape than I thought. Its pretty fucking rusty. Did a compression test. 120 in both cylinders. Has Spark. I cleaned the carb as well drained the gas and refilled with E0. Removed the seat and gas tank cover to check the line in the tank. It was OK. Changed the plugs. Noticed the choke cable on the carb side was missing the spring and other parts. COOL. I didn't want to put ANY money into this thing. Put it all back together. It will run for a few seconds on starting fluid but then dies. Pulled the fuel line off the carb and gave it some pulls. no fuel. My guess is it also needs a fuel pump. Found a local guy with the parts I need. I don't really have any room for a 3rd Enticer so hopefully I can just get this running and sell it on the cheap. I would put a ton of money into it making it minty and reliable enough for me. Just not worth it.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
First Enticer rip of the year.
20210102_103636.jpeg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
83 needs some Hyfax and everyone says it's easiest to just pull the rear suspension. Well it was easy to get it removed. Let's see if I can put it back. Thanks to the previous owners who rebuilt it somewhere down the line. All the mounting bolts were new and antisiezed. They came right out. Looks like I need a bearing in one of the rear axle wheels also. TeamOCD will probably just buy new OEM wheels.
20210121_163929.jpeg
20210121_170613.jpeg
20210121_180109.jpeg

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well putting the skid back in was a bitch and a half. I probably should have listened to recommendations from the forums that said keep the shock/suspension ratchet strapped down. Because I took that off as soon as I had the skid inside the track. Could have used a few more ratchet straps or another set of hands to line it all up but I got it done.

Now that we got some snow I took it for a rip in the yard and the powerlines. I was riding and some mask wearing while alone in a car Karen was staring me down. Oh great shes gonna call the cops. Few hours later I was back working in my office and a cop car with two officers keeps driving up and down the street. They made 3 passes and slowed down in a few spots. Were they looking for someone illegally riding a snowmobile while cars are supposedly being broken into at night in this town? Probably. I guess if Comed wanted to press charges for trespassing they could but all my other riding was on private property with permission. They should probably ticket all the parents and kids that sled down the hill under the powerlines also if that was the case. That's so illegal the city put out a table for them to sit at while sledding. Fuck dem

Will post up after my lunch time ride today if I need TCG to bail me out of jail.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

The difference is I ride where I have permission. Technically I do not have written permission from Comed to ride the powerline, but last time I got pulled over the police said it was OK. I just apparently cannot ride on or cross the street with a snowmobile. :ROFL: So my guess the police were looking for evidence of that.

But either way I am not damaging property or jeopardizing trail closures.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Picked up another vintage sled over the weekend. 83 Enticer 300. Not the color scheme I wanted on a 300 but it was too clean to pass up. Price wasn't covid inflated either. Bought it from a friend up north who got it from original owner back in March. He was gonna part it out untill I told him I wanted it. It's been sitting outside uncovered in the mud but should clean up very nice. As far as I can tell it needs hood vents, seat stitched up, and a carb clean cuz it runs like shit. Stated on 3rd pull tho. #yamaha
20210801_170309.jpeg
20210801_173717.jpeg
20210801_173745.jpeg
20210801_173750.jpeg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
**Enticer 300 update**

I haven't done anything with the new 300 except put it inside. It seems to start in a few pulls and idle with no issues but when you give it throttle it bogs or dies. I pulled off the carb to clean it or give it to someone todo a better job than I can. Replacing the cracked hood vents was a priority of mine also. I quickly found out they were pretty rare to find not broken. Cannot buy from Yamaha anymore and used perfect ones are hard to find. I placed an order for some reproductions from a guy in MN. But after a month of waiting he said he had to cancel his order. The molds he was making only made a few perfect vents then couldnt be used again so he refunded me and said he is looking for another company to make these since there is a demand for them from the vintage guys. I put a FB post on the Enticer group asking if anyone had any used ones they wanted to sell me. I figured finding color matched ones would be hard but Id take anything at this point. I guy messaged me from northern wisconsin and said he has two vents I could have "I hate seeing another enticer like that" but they were red and black. I accepted his free offer and met the guy at Haydays.

Now my issue is painting these to match. I think a body shop would charge me like $50 todo it. Id like to find a color matched rattle can spray. You can buy them for newer Yamaha's but nothing this old. I also heard NAPA will mix up color matched paint for you. That might be my best option. Worst case I paint them back, which does not look bad on those sleds since the headlight bracket is black anyway.

Thread Info