PANDA's Yamaha Enticer Snowmobile Thread #BRAAAP

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Some preseason mentenance. Pulled the cord a few times after storage and fired right up. Had a small exhaust Leak welded on the pipe, painted pipe, changed the plugs, greased the suspension, painted the skis as well as polished the tunnel. Ready to ride.

20181124_155728.jpeg20181118_182614.jpeg20181118_183153.jpeg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I am a bit delayed on this update but here I go...Been riding when I can in the yard and neighborhood. Back a few weeks ago during the polar vortex I was BRAAAPIN and the sled started to run bad. I stopped and adjusted the carb a little. Parked it after a few min because the adjustments didn't do much. Few hours later went outside to fuck with it. Sled won't start. WTF I set the carb back to factory and it still won't start. PISSED I am thinking the carb gummed out somehow despite been cleaned in the fall last season and only ran with no-ethanol since. Its like 5 deg out and I pull the carb off the sled where it sat and bring it into my garage to clean it. It looked clean and I saw no issues with it. Getting dark now and even colder decided to wait till morning to put carb back on sled. Next morning not much warmer, put the carb back on the sled. Single carb but pain in the dick to remove/install because of the airbox. SLED STILL WONT START AND RUN. Put some gas in the cylinders and it starts up and runs for a few seconds perfectly. I have my neighbor bring his sled over and tow my junk into my garage so I have a warm place to take it apart again. Neighbor opens up the gas cap and shines a flashlight. Says I am out of gas. Im like WTF I just put gas in this thing beginning of season and I was just riding in the yard. I put 5 gallons in and it starts right up. :bowrofl:

Moral of the story when your otherwise great running sled stops dead in its tracks. Check the gas level before you go tearing apart the sled.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I know everyone does not give a fuck about a $150 snowmobile when you got TCG ballers buying brand new trucks and fancy side by sides but here is an UPDATE.

Let's rewind back to last fall of 2018. My neighbor texts me a craigslist ad for a 1980 Enticer in the next town over and asks me why I haven't bought it yet. IDK Tony I didn't think I needed another one. We go grab a open trailer and head over to check it out. Coming from a guy that owns over a dozen sleds he says you can never have enough. Sled was sitting covered by a tarp on the side of a shed. Not ran in a few years. Guy said his kids just rode it in the yard but lost interest. It was covered with stickers and the skis were painted orange. Sled wouldn't start despite him putting fresh gas in and charging the battery. I did a compression test and then jew the guy down half of what he was asking. I figured if nothing else it was a good parts sled. Had a brand new track and sear on it. It was evident the owner before this sticker dude actually took care of it.

Took it home put some gas in the cylinders and it started right up. COOL Then drained the gas cuz I dont trust the guy and took the carb off to clean it. Put it all back together and it still wont start. Started fine and kept running. Took it for a rip in the yard. Rolls out good and strong. Next morning junk wouldn't start again. It was not getting fuel. Ended up finding a fuel line inside the gas tank going to a filter to be cracked. Replaced the fuel line with some extra I had laying around. Guess it had a vacuum leak. Got it running again with zero dollars out of my pocket. Awesome.

Next I spent some time removing all the fucking stickers and cleaning it up. Eventually painting the skis. Got a trail permit and registered it. I'd like to find a hood if I can because the stickers fucked up the clear coat and it looks like shit but gonna send it as is for now.
20181229_115324.jpeg
20181229_121530.jpeg
20190121_153405.jpeg
20191124_130616.jpeg
20191130_154909.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I know everyone does not give a fuck about a $150 snowmobile when you got TCG ballers buying brand new trucks and fancy side by sides but here is an UPDATE.

Let's rewind back to last fall of 2018. My neighbor texts me a craigslist ad for a 1980 Enticer in the next town over and asks me why I haven't bought it yet. IDK Tony I didn't think I needed another one. We go grab a open trailer and head over to check it out. Coming from a guy that owns over a dozen sleds he says you can never have enough. Sled was sitting covered by a tarp on the side of a shed. Not ran in a few years. Guy said his kids just rode it in the yard but lost interest. It was covered with stickers and the skis were painted orange. Sled wouldn't start despite him putting fresh gas in and charging the battery. I did a compression test and then jew the guy down half of what he was asking. I figured if nothing else it was a good parts sled. Had a brand new track and sear on it. It was evident the owner before this sticker dude actually took care of it.

Took it home put some gas in the cylinders and it started right up. COOL Then drained the gas cuz I dont trust the guy and took the carb off to clean it. Put it all back together and it still wont start. Started fine and kept running. Took it for a rip in the yard. Rolls out good and strong. Next morning junk wouldn't start again. It was not getting fuel. Ended up finding a fuel line inside the gas tank going to a filter to be cracked. Replaced the fuel line with some extra I had laying around. Guess it had a vacuum leak. Got it running again with zero dollars out of my pocket. Awesome.

Next I spent some time removing all the fucking stickers and cleaning it up. Eventually painting the skis. Got a trail permit and registered it. I'd like to find a hood if I can because the stickers fucked up the clear coat and it looks like shit but gonna send it as is for now.

says the guy on a perpetual vacation flying himself all over the midwest.

giphy.gif

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
So the other day a guy that lives in my neighborhood rang my door bell and asked me if I wanted a Enticer. He said he knows I appreciate them and if I get it out of his yard today I can have it. I couldn't refuse the offer and went over to get it. It's been sitting under a tarp for years and does not run. Pretty rough shape but the price was right. He had the carb, airbox, etc off the sled so hopefully I can get it running when I put it back together. But I think it won't be as simple as a carb clean. Looked like he cut the wire to the kill switch. Maybe it has no spark? Gonna look at it this weekend. I don't really want to put any money into it either. But have a buyer if it runs.

It's a 1980 Enticer 340 with electric start. Pretty much identical to my other red one.
20200223_155131.jpeg
20200223_163158.jpeg

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Don't take this the wrong way but the fuel line INSIDE the gas tank will break down if you used regular fuel line (ask me how I know). You need submersible fuel line, its like $20 a foot.

Fun note. My buddies do a "cheap sled challenge" every year. Their limit is $300 for the cost of the sled and to get it running correctly. Then they take 'em out and race them around the lake. Pretty interesting.

Thread Info