NEW RIDE PANDA's - Ballin on a budget gas saver BMW.

blueoval4life

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ordered some Powerstop Z16 Ceramic pads from carparts.com

I remember I had powerstop pads on my trans am and was happy with them.

@Ron Vogel You have any experience with those MEYLE rotors? Not sure I want to spend money shipping those back. Also only 2 brake sensors for front/rear? Not one on every wheel?
I’ll say it again. Zimmerman for euro cars. Won’t look like shit in 1 week Z coated and good price. But wtf I know 😂. Run them on all my keepers

16E35A58-216E-435E-93BB-2F964A061BC2.jpeg

OP
PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I’ll say it again. Zimmerman for euro cars. Won’t look like shit in 1 week Z coated and good price. But wtf I know 😂. Run them on all my keepers

View attachment 104886
BMW Brake Kit - Zimmermann/Akebono 34116764021KTF1 | FCP Euro

They look comparable pricewise to what I boguht. My issue when I ordered was availability. I couldnt find anything matching front and rear. Didnt help that manual's are a diffrent part number for the fronts. So I just ordered the matching all around kit that was backordered. :rofl:

OP
PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Drove back home from northern Wisconsin this morning. Snow/Ice coverd roads till just north of Portage. (2-4 inches) I didnt die but I didnt feel comforable at all on the Good Year Assurance all seasons that are almost at the wear bars. Lucky the snow tires go on first thing in the morning. I put a few sandbags in the truck and air down the tires a bit. Not sure if that did anything but switching lanes and going over bridges was sure asshole puckering.

20211114_062248.jpg

20211114_064230.jpg

Rico

Reaction score
I don't think I have the cajones to take my m3 that far in the snow lol. I'm putting my winter's on tomorrow morning.

OP
PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I got the snow tires, and rotors/pads all around installed. Very quiet and smooth ride, but I can tell handling is affected even with "performance" winter tires. Also, glad to get those rotors/pads off. Whatever was on there had plenty of life left but they dusted like crazy and lightly rusted over if you left the car overnight.

When I got them installed at Discount tire, I asked about the Michelin rebate. I think it was $75. I asked the guy about it and he searched around on the computer for a bit. Said the computer system was "down" and he couldn’t print it off. He would refund me when the system comes back online. I was like ugh great so I’m not getting that $75. Car was down and I was walking out of the store guy said he got the rebate done and my card will be refunded. Weird, I thought it was a mail in. I checked my account, and I got a refund of $140. Went on the Michelin site to figure out this rebate. Filled out some online forms, uploaded my receipt. Not sure if I will get it but if I do, I got a hell of a deal on these tires.

$550-$140-$75=$335/4= $88 a tire (before install) :rofl:

20211120_142206.jpg

20211120_142224.jpg

20211120_142233.jpg

Rico

Reaction score
Looks super sharp! I got my winters through tire rack and they mailed me a prepaid Mastercard as a rebate. Ups also left my mounted wheels and tires in front of my garage, in the rain, and without ringing my doorbell...😩

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom