đź’¦ Detailing Paint touch up’s….

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I was sick of using the touch up paint you get from the dealer and leave that glob of paint that sticks out just as back as the actual chip did. So after some research I found this company call Color N Drive that sells higher end touch up kits. Now there was a lot out there but this kits requires more vehicle info to make sure the paint is an exact match. There were 3 options and only difference was how much volume wise you wanted. I got the smallest kit as I only have or had a few chips. I wanted these fixed as best as possible without paint work prior to having PPF installed. Kit comes with vehicle paint, correct and clean solution, wax and paste. Fine bristled touch up brushes, microfiber cloth and some foam pads. I was very happy with this kit, and it’s very hard to notice where the repairs were made. Now, these were small chips but I’m about as OCD as it gets with my car. I obviously know where the chips were but it would be hard for some one else to notice.

01E89CAF-9BDF-4961-A3B5-AFDE3C75FA4F.jpeg

9D3FAED7-7C70-4528-BE51-2FB13AE2B39C.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
Appreciate you sharing this, I need to do some chip / scratch work on the wife's Q5.
I think these types of kits would work great on scratches. The instructions say to brush on paint and actually use your finger (with rubber gloves of course don’t need more scratches) and with very light pressure to work paint over chip and or scratch. Let paint cure and use the correct and clean solution and with no pressure use that with a MF towel and the dried paint comes off the paint and leaves the paint in the scratch and or chip.

Edit: kit was $40, worth every penny if you ask me.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
For those who may already have touch up paint but want a more precise "fill"
Lowell cornell paint pen
Or
The tip of round tooth picks

Gold Label Detailing Fine Line Fluid Writer Paint Applicator Pen | Precision Touch Up Paint | Perfect for Rock Chips and Scratch Repair | .5mm Tip Brass Construction https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N95TXM8/?tag=tcg21-20

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
For those who may already have touch up paint but want a more precise "fill"
Lowell cornell paint pen
Or
The tip of round tooth picks

Gold Label Detailing Fine Line Fluid Writer Paint Applicator Pen | Precision Touch Up Paint | Perfect for Rock Chips and Scratch Repair | .5mm Tip Brass Construction https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N95TXM8/?tag=tcg21-20
Gav'sPurpleZ Gav'sPurpleZ is correct if you have the correct paint you could go this route. I do like this solution that after the paint drys you can remove the over paint around the repairs area but leaves the paint in the repair.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info