Paging Turbo400-Syp-Mike K

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello all,

I wanted to reach out and ask for your input on what I would need to do to swop put my Gen3 charger for a Gen5. I found a charger and lower intake. I reached out to 1Quick and now I know I need to get a throttle body adaptor. I did not know that I would have to modify my ic to make this work. Do you guys know how hard it would be to do and what I would need to do?

Thanks for your help

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
FWIW, I have my old GenV setup from my SSEi packed away. I've been too lazy to post it up for sale.

Anyway, I have a inlet/outlet ported and polished GenV, ZZP GenV IC, Machined L32 intake, Ported 78mm N* TB (ZZP sold this years ago). If your serious about upgrading your car, I'd work with you on price. Id rather see it get put to use than sit in a box.

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Tommy

Edit - Pics added:
FWI.jpg

G5NTB.jpg

ICCore.jpg

ICKit.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
FWIW, I have my old GenV setup from my SSEi packed away. I've been too lazy to post it up for sale.

Anyway, I have a inlet/outlet ported and polished GenV, ZZP GenV IC, Machined L32 intake, Ported 78mm N* TB (ZZP sold this years ago). If your serious about upgrading your car, I'd work with you on price. Id rather see it get put to use than sit in a box.

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Tommy

Edit - Pics added:
FWI.jpg

G5NTB.jpg

ICCore.jpg

ICKit.jpg

This would save me a lot of trouble. PM sent!

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Alright...so here's what I have and what I don't have. If others see anything else missing let me know so Xtant12 knows what he's buying.

• GenV with machined snout, MPS hub
  • Evap port on the GenV
  • GenV ZZP Gen II IC core
  • L32 ZZP Gen V intake (functioning front PCV passage, blocked coolant holes, modified coolant bypass)
  • Ported N* TB, ported spacer, modified throttle cable bracket, TPS
  • Air Intake Tube w/ 2 t-bolt clamps
  • GenV/IC mounting bolts
  • Modified MAP bracket (not shown)

The only parts he'll need to buy are:
  • Intake gaskets (plus whatever else when you do intake gaskets...RTV,m coolant, oil change, etc.)
  • Gen V supercharger gasket (between Intake and bottom of IC core)
  • Grey RTV (top of IC core and bottom of SC)

He'll need to swap over this t-stat and housing. His existing SC belt should work since he's Gen3 ICed.

Can you guys think of anything else he might need?

G51_zpshz3osvdz.jpg

G53_zpsga70iicg.jpg

G52_zpsrzewbm9j.jpg

Alright...so here's what I have and what I don't have. If others see anything else missing let me know so Xtant12 knows what he's buying.

• GenV with machined snout, MPS hub
  • Evap port on the GenV
  • GenV ZZP Gen II IC core
  • L32 ZZP Gen V intake (functioning front PCV passage, blocked coolant holes, modified coolant bypass)
  • Ported N* TB, ported spacer, modified throttle cable bracket, TPS
  • Air Intake Tube w/ 2 t-bolt clamps
  • GenV/IC mounting bolts
  • Modified MAP bracket (not shown)

The only parts he'll need to buy are:
  • Intake gaskets (plus whatever else when you do intake gaskets...RTV,m coolant, oil change, etc.)
  • Gen V supercharger gasket (between Intake and bottom of IC core)
  • Grey RTV (top of IC core and bottom of SC)

He'll need to swap over this t-stat and housing. His existing SC belt should work since he's Gen3 ICed.

Can you guys think of anything else he might need?

G51_zpshz3osvdz.jpg

G53_zpsga70iicg.jpg

G52_zpsrzewbm9j.jpg
Tps adaptor is only thing I don't see.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
:bigthumb: Good eye. Yeah...he's good with that already.

[MENTION=35]Xtant12[/MENTION] - Here's the thread you want to read through when you do the install. Also...you have all the bolts in the box.
The Eaton Gen V supercharger faq / swap thread!! (genv, gen five, gen 5))

Thanks TommyGloves, I actually already came across that and printed it. I'm not in an immediate hurry to install this at the current time my biggest Focus right now is probably to repaint the supercharger with that stuff you told me

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
You can use Krylon Wrinkle Paint or VHT. Just lightly wire brush the existing finish to remove the flaky pieces. Make sure to tape everything off that does NOT paint on it now; use blue tape if you can. Use something like Duplicolor Prep spray before you paint to get off all the remaining dirt/dust.

Application and using a heat gun is shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=575Y75sGBaM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info