• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

pacesetter header stuff... hmmmmmmm

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
if i were a guessing person... id be guessing pacesetter is designing new headers for wbodys.... mainly because of the troubles that revolved around the y-pipe bullshit...

reason for thinking is this is my buddy called pacesetter monday to order a new y-pipe for the headers which used to be on my car (which were sealed so well, we had to sawzall the y-pipe off)... anyways... he ordered it, and then got a call today, saying that they were no longer making those y-pipes, and couldn't really help him... since they didnt have a new design yet
shitty news for us...

possibly good news for people looking for headers... who knows what will actually happen tho... but if i were willing to bet... id think that we may see a new offering from pacesetter sometime in the near future...

of course... all just stipulation, no real facts behind this... but hopefully something cheaper than what zzp came up with, and better than pacesetters first try will result.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
That would be nice if it were a retrofit for the older design, too. Mine are starting to leak again. Letting the car warm up in the morning spews a lot of exhaust in the car.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Reaction score
Where do they leak at? Pics?

I don't have a 3800 but I have 2 w's and all I hear about is paceshitters and there leaking.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
At the y-pipe. The front crossover and rear header meet just before the bend to go under the car. Original sets had the crossover pipe too small. After trying 3 different things mine finally sealed. Slotting the y, good clamps and high temp rtv did it for me.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
mine were just impacted with good clamps. it worked out. :dunno:

shaferz

slaps a ho
Reaction score
mine were just impacted with good clamps. it worked out. :dunno:

That is how mine are on.

They will not come off the car no matter what needs to happen. It was easy to impact them on, but coming back off would be fucking tough.

Mine leak zero.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
weird. i wonder why mine are like that.... .hahahhahah

yeah. dont cut it.

any ideas on what to do since we are y pipeless?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
i bought TOGs from a local for $150. re-welded the collector on the rear header then threw 'em on. never leaked again. :rofl:

1998gpgt

Reaction score

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i think we will jsut try to make one.

1998gpgt

Reaction score
that works too. i'm sure you can figure something out with those welding skills of his

p.s. does this mean the car is running again?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
lol almost.

we are pretttty damn quick at pulling motors now...

KagA152

Reaction score
i bought TOGs from a local for $150. re-welded the collector on the rear header then threw 'em on. never leaked again. :rofl:
explain? mine are leaking from back there somewhere, not sure if the flange on the head or where, im fucking tired of it though

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Reaction score
Weld the Pacesetters!

I'm lucky james is around. Both sides of the Y are welded. Just gotta rock the motor forward to get it out... and it's still a little bit of a pain.

But they will never leak ever.

so basically KJ I would make something that joins the rear header and the crossover, and fits like stock, and not worry about clamping it or anything.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
Weld the Pacesetters!

I'm lucky james is around. Both sides of the Y are welded. Just gotta rock the motor forward to get it out... and it's still a little bit of a pain.

But they will never leak ever.

so basically KJ I would make something that joins the rear header and the crossover, and fits like stock, and not worry about clamping it or anything.

My knock-off p-setters are welded too.... no leaks so far

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Bend some god damn renalds wrap and weld it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom