• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical P1705 Code-2009 G37X

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I have a 2009 G37X and last week the car went into limp mode where it would not rev over 3,500 rpms. The car was otherwise driving and shifting normal with no CEL present. I got home and plugged my OBD scanner in and it showed that no codes were present. I unplugged the negative cable for a while to reset the ECU and the car fired up like normal and drove perfectly.

I was a bit stumped as the ECU for some reason went into limp mode, so I called my buddy who owns a shop. I drove over his shop and he plugged his much more sophisticated Snap-On scanner in and found no engine CEL's, but found P1075 stored within the transmission. The code appear to be a Throttle Position Sensor code and it appears that it could be a bad TPS or a short/wiring issue. My friend said that to drive it around a bit and see if it appears again and if so drive it over to the shop and he could dig into it. It's been about a week and 200 miles with no further episodes (knocks on wood)

I've searched high and low and really couldn't find a conclusive answer. I've seen the TPS(s) being an issue, wiring, or the TCM within the transmission as possible solutions. It's a bit concerning that the car could go into limp mode when you need the power to get out in front of traffic.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have a 2009 G37X and last week the car went into limp mode where it would not rev over 3,500 rpms. The car was otherwise driving and shifting normal with no CEL present. I got home and plugged my OBD scanner in and it showed that no codes were present. I unplugged the negative cable for a while to reset the ECU and the car fired up like normal and drove perfectly.

I was a bit stumped as the ECU for some reason went into limp mode, so I called my buddy who owns a shop. I drove over his shop and he plugged his much more sophisticated Snap-On scanner in and found no engine CEL's, but found P1075 stored within the transmission. The code appear to be a Throttle Position Sensor code and it appears that it could be a bad TPS or a short/wiring issue. My friend said that to drive it around a bit and see if it appears again and if so drive it over to the shop and he could dig into it. It's been about a week and 200 miles with no further episodes (knocks on wood)

I've searched high and low and really couldn't find a conclusive answer. I've seen the TPS(s) being an issue, wiring, or the TCM within the transmission as possible solutions. It's a bit concerning that the car could go into limp mode when you need the power to get out in front of traffic.
I have a 2012 G37xS and had what I believe would be the same issue. I did the battery cable first, but that didn't help. Ended up also doing the throttle pedal TPS reset, which was like press and hold for "x" second with ignition, etc. Haven't had an issue since then. That was early 2017 and I'm just about to roll 100,000 with no other issues.

I used my OBDII wifi adpater with both DashCmd and it didn't pull any codes. I did find that Car Scanner ELM OBD2 does dig deeper into the codes if you have the correct vehicle selected. I suspect your friend's Snap-On would beat any phone app all day long though.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I have a 2012 G37xS and had what I believe would be the same issue. I did the battery cable first, but that didn't help. Ended up also doing the throttle pedal TPS reset, which was like press and hold for "x" second with ignition, etc. Haven't had an issue since then. That was early 2017 and I'm just about to roll 100,000 with no other issues.

I used my OBDII wifi adpater with both DashCmd and it didn't pull any codes. I did find that Car Scanner ELM OBD2 does dig deeper into the codes if you have the correct vehicle selected. I suspect your friend's Snap-On would beat any phone app all day long though.

Thanks! I’ve done the TPS relearn in the past and will do it again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jason05gt
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list