P0303 & P0316 Codes?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks. The car is up for sale for $2,200 so I want to fix the misfire but don't want to spend a lot on it. I ordered one coil and plug. New owner can change them all if they want.

Looking at vids on youtube it looks like, instead of pulling the intake, you can pull off the wiper motor cover (or whatever it's called) which is 4 clips and 3 bolts. This gives enough access to get to the back plugs.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
UPDATE: I pulled off the wiper cover and tray and could access the bolt... But I couldn't get a wrench on it. If I had one of the flexible socket extensions, maybe. Instead, I removed the air cleaner assembly and then took out the intake bolts. This let me move the intake a couple inches (leaving the vacuum lines attached) which, combined with the removed wiper cover and tray, was enough to get a socket in there.

Took an hour to get to the bolt and 5 mins. to replace the coil and plug (old plug was fine). Reassembled, cleared the codes, test drove and all is good.

Thanks for the advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list