• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

P0174 won't go away

CBT

Hold me, JoJo....
Jan 23, 2010
I remember you telling us about it and then taking me and Jojo and Mikey for a ride at Mike's house and it took a few minutes of driving for it to do it, but sure enough it had a split second hiccup at one point, then didn't do it again.

Curious, was that while it was acting up? Mine took just over a year to bite the dust. Never failed, EVERYTIME I datalogged the car was fine. Of course, not only was the FP sporatic as all get out, but also atleast one COP. Both issues haunted me for over a year, before I did something I never ever do, and that was give up and throw parts at it... FP fixed most of all of my troubles (overheating I reccon?) The other was faulty COPs, but not as severe. The car felt like a fighter jet after that.

Dom, I already told you how stupid easy the AFR is to hook up. Don't delay and have to pay the piper. Sorry I am so busy right now, but not responding back with a cool or at least a fuck you was kinda rude. Give me a week and a half and I can do it, or get it done elsewhere, whatever, I could care less. But I do care about you and your sanity if you were to blow a hole in a piston...

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Im posting this again because it didnt get any love on the other side :mad:

Read about these guys in Stuff awhile back. Sketch comics, kinda like a kids in the hall ripoff, only not quite as funny....and not canadian. They do have some gems tho.

The Dating Show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tCjhDItCfI

Attention Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FphfBAVWvN0

Mom and Dad's Divorce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5GxpbPrpuA

William Shakespere and Sir Francis Bacon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXe0Rl9CZQ

Heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmOE2lT7kQ

Slow Jerk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nSmLgq1eE

:rofl: :rofl:

mas
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=llovethewkuk&p=r[/b]

Bingo. Good memory!

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
If it's lean enough it's tossing a code there is something wrong.
You WILL hurt something expensive if you're beating on it when it's lean, especially with a FI motor.
Do you have the $ to put another motor in it?
Didn't think so - do what you're fucking told dumbass.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
A smart guy would realize the importance of a wideband and make it a priority.
Zack's been telling you for how long to get off of your ass and get it stuck in there? Probably for a reason.

Don't talk shit, you haven't got the intelligence nor experience to keep up.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
A smart guy would realize the importance of a wideband and make it a priority.
Zack's been telling you for how long to get off of your ass and get it stuck in there? Probably for a reason.

Don't talk shit, you haven't got the intelligence nor experience to keep up.

Have another drink humpy dumpty. Fyi the gauge is being installed wed and hasn't been to the track. Yet you assume I am irresponsible. Assuming anything without research ( as you have done) is the number one cause of mistakes. You think you are smart yet you are wrong. This will teach you to wise up and get your facts straight or you can carry on with your ignorance.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Stone sober Dom.
Your reputation leads one to believe you pound the piss out of the car.
Your smartass response to Zack's chiding further reenforced that belief.
Glad you're getting it put in there, it could potentially save you from a costly failure.

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Jon01;

I am appalled at the disrespect and language you use toward Dom, AKA-FourDoorBlackTop.

Don't your know that Dom is a "made" man with deep connections to certain Chicago families?

Zack can banter about with Mr. Dom because they grew up together on the south side.

Be carefull, my friend, you may have already crossed that line.

Regards,

I am thinking of the right Dom? Dom Borelli, Right?
My memory is not so good.

Healthy Regards,

Pat (Machine gun) Druggan

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Stone sober Dom.
Your reputation leads one to believe you pound the piss out of the car.
Your smartass response to Zack's chiding further reenforced that belief.
Glad you're getting it put in there, it could potentially save you from a costly failure.

Ok then. Yes I beat the snot outta the car, but only when its okay to, if that makes sense. Many times I drove to Zacks and he has no idea how I made it there due to broken parts... like pulleys. I tell him I know when its ok to have fun and when its really time to drive like the car has a bomb on it.

Its all good. I am not as bad as you may think.

Pat, I guess you knew what my license plate meant hua? Hehe

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Pat - don't care who he is, if he's being a maroon I will tell him that.
I don't want to see the guy jack up his motor after working so long to get the car to the level it is.
Beating the snot out of a car that is telling you something is wrong is a dumbass move...
Ignoring sound advice is also a dumbass move.
Hence me calling him a dumbass.
He says he's not beating it so he's clearly not a dumbass. Retracted.

Good move Dom.
FI may have accelerated the intake gasket failure as well. It won't be hard to fix, probably take a couple hours.

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Jon01, You may be headed for a nerveous breakdown or a cardiac event at this rate. Subtle humor doesn't work for you huh?

Lighten up Jon01, Dom's the kinda guy that can fall into a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose, besides we can also chorus an "I told you so".

He's been landing on his feet, like a cat, since I've know him, that's 2004, I think.

I even beat him in a drag race, once and only once. I think he was napping at the line and my exhaust note woke him up.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Yes if I knew the car was bad and I beat on it that would be dumb.... I wasn't always the smartest, but I have learned from reality.

Pat, I lost to you because I still had tuning issues. I don't recall your time, but I do know it was like 13.2 at the time and I was around 13.8 on a good day. Just wait till Zack wrenches on your ride! We shall race again.

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Wow Dom, what a memory. Yes it was 13.5 and it was a hot day in Maryland. Only had a 100 shot Zex plus the drive train mods.

I lost the next race and was eliminated from the day's competition because I didn't realize it was bracket style, thought it was heads up. "I coulda been a contender".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info