• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Over rev or Trans slip?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I couldn't tell you specifics on the car other than I know it was a 5.0 Tuned Port Injection.

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04739.jpg

Anyone able to tell me more info on this ? Car was a fucking dog.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Why are you beating on your car before it is up to temp? Moron

LOL, you don't even know the half of it with this guy... hahaha

Ask him about the time he saw a cool car and started following the guy home...So the guy turned in to a sub division to shake slim. Slim continues to follow and the guy pulls into a random driveway and waves him by. Slim somehow ends up in front of this guy on the way out, so he stops and tries to impress the guy by doing a one tire fire and shooting pebbles at the guy's car. Then he goes on ChitownRacing and posts the story to impress us.

Or the time I saw him turn on to Briggs off of 80, attempt to get the car sideways in traffic, and then tailgate a random pick up for 2 blocks. The pick up had to swerve into another lane to get away from this goof.

:pedobear:

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Boosted, you're a flamer. The pick-up was a friend of mine, I already explained that. If I wanted to get shitty I would have but there was traffic. Shooting pebbles?[Fragment] I told you, it wasn't directly in front of him and it was clean pavement. Now, go fuck off dipshit.

I'm definitely not an English major, but I did what I could for you.

edit: Yes, I'm here to help.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
BTW, Superior or Transgo for the shift kit. I wouldn't use a B&M from what I've heard they are hard on the band. Ever done one before? If not, expect a weekend to do it minimum as well as a bath of ATF. I'd say install a drain plug kit except mine did nothing but fucking leak. I had to move the crossmember in order to facilitate dropping the pan, but your milage may vary since it's a Camaro and not a van. Besides this, if you don't have a set some picks are a great addition to make to your box at this time. You'll pretty much need em to get the boost valve out. If you're going to add a .5 boost valve or similar now is a good time.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
For the 700R4 I've heard less than stellar things about them. I had the Transgo HD kit in mine, couldn't complain too much. There's a lot going on to one however. As I said I'd get the bigger boost valve while you're at it and the Corvette Servo if you didn't put one in already. The last thing I'd do is make sure you have your TV cable in adjustment. Even that will make a big difference on how the trans shifts. If you've got it wrong it will burn the thing up.

Mr_Roboto

TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
sounds like spark blow out start by gaping you plugs right so you have an actual measurement to go off of

Inclined to agree, a gapping tool is a hell of a lot cheaper than aftermarket coils, modules or other gizmos. If you're not already there I'd go down to .035 and see what it gets you.

The problem with the HEI stuff and lacking much first hand experience of it (except my own heap's annoyances) is that everyone has different opinions. If I were going to do it though based on what I know of electronics and experiences ultimately I'd do the following:

-Tighten the gaps. If your Red line goes up usually this means it's going to help to get some aftermarket parts to increase the spark.
-If buying parts I would start with an external coil and an adapter. The adapters aren't that expensive. This should pull the heat of the coil out of the HEI unit, and likely help the module out. Not to mention you can use a better coil. A few people make kits for this. It's probably actually better than using a small cap as you're keeping the gaps between the posts wider.
-I like the oil filled coils in concept better than the epoxy ones like they use for coil-in-cap. Oil filled means the windings should be able to dissipate heat more evenly. Probably not even an expensive one would be required.
-What plugs are we running? Personally I'm not into any of these fancy plugs on an old world SBC. Autolite, NGK or Delco plugs without platinum, iridium or any fancy shit is fine for something you're going to be changing em a lot in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info