Out with the old....In with the new....

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Well I have loved my Nassau Blue C5 for the last seven years. She has seen a lot of different mods. From a cold air intake and a gear to a supercharger to a completely built forged and stroked LS3 and an even bigger blower.

34747688495_ad13152a76_k.jpg

She is now on her way back to stock and will be soon sold to a nice lady that lives about three blocks from me. She tells me she has wanted the car for three years and is excited to be getting it.

The wife said "Do whatever you want as long as there isn't a car payment"

So I have sold the supercharger system, the headers, the C6 Z06 brake kit, wheels & tires, several guns and rifles, ammo, other misc car parts, two laptops, old phones, and pretty much anything else that wasn't bolted down besides the wife and kids. There is even more parts to sell and then eventually the car.

All this effort has been to move up to a C6 from my C5. Don't have any hate for the C5. This Nassau Blue baby of mine has been my pride and joy for quite a while now. Based on my ADHD regarding cars, simply having this car for as long as I have is truly one hell of an accomplishment. LOL.

I figure if you love Nassau Blue as much as I do and you want a C6, why not find one in Jetstream Blue and make it a Grand Sport C6. I searched and searched for the right car. In fact I lost out on two other cars that I thought were going to be mine. I guess they weren't meant to be. After searching even more I stumbled upon one of the most beautiful, lowest mileage, best kept 2011 Jetstream Blue C6 Grand Sports I have seen. This car is perfect and the guy selling it was just about the most perfect person to buy a car from you could ask for. Super cool and super easy to deal with. A huge Corvette fan that wanted it to go to someone that would enjoy it and take care of it.

So.....I bought it.

Then had it shipped to me from Mesa, AZ by Plycar Auto Transport in a giant semi truck with a huge enclosed trailer. Shitty part was right after I received the car I had to put it in storage and get to work. Talk about a long day!!!

I keep promising myself I am not gonna mod the shit out of this car like I did with the C5. I keep saying well maybe just some Chrome wheels. Maybe a cold air intake and a see through targa roof. Maybe a short shifter. A nice indoor car cover and a huge fucking Cam and a nice A&A Supercharger. LMAO......

Hopefully I can fight the bug and just be happy with this car. I fuckin love it. So much tighter than the C5. So damn clean. I love the wide body. I love the dual mode exhaust. Just am so damn happy.

34747761905_09dba4ccf0_b.jpg

34747761935_37e5035c6e_b.jpg

34747761755_f466fd8d37_b.jpg

33938800843_a16d982660_b.jpg

34713182176_555d5b9444_b.jpg

34616215401_50d97af52a_b.jpg

34585614322_207b08270c_b.jpg

33938800783_bcb0d0983c_b.jpg

34713182356_cfe5185937_b.jpg

33905446434_44cf6523a2_b.jpg

34362961760_67ddbd67ec_b.jpg

33905529234_962b635ecc_b.jpg

34753277005_04e0ff0b07_b.jpg

Now to get this C5 sold......:hsughlol:

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
[MENTION=5237]ITSQUIK[/MENTION] where/how did you find this car, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind you asking. I found the car on Autotrader.

I called the guy and we talked for about 20 min. He is a retired engineer that has properties in Calgary, Canada and Mesa, AZ.

Bought the car in Las Vegas and drove it to Mesa. He is the original owner. He said that he got married and they traveled back and forth but spent more time in Calgary.

He only had three shitty pics on the ad. We talked a couple more times over the next day or two. He was still in Canada until 4/28. He said he banked at Chase so to avoid the cost of getting and sending a Cashiers Check ( he didn't have and didn't want PayPal ) I just went to the Chase is Elk Grove and deposited $500 in his account. I sent him a picture of the deposit receipt and he forwarded me a screen shot of Autotrader saying his ad was removed. That was on like 4/7 or something like that.

I was nervous a little but the guy seemed solid as hell. I did a bunch of behind the scene checking on him and the car and felt comfortable.

He sent a bunch of pics and vids on 4/28 once he got back in Mesa. I was sold beyond belief. The car was perfect. I went to my bank and got a cashiers check for the balance owed. Even though I was confident, I was still nervous. I deposited the check in his account on 4/28, and just as scheduled, on 5/1 Plycar came to pick it up in the parking lot of his Chase bank in Mesa.

On Cinco De Fuckin Mayo, Plycar dropped my blue baby off.

In retrospect, I trusted my gut and ended up ok. But I could have been seriously fucked over. I never even flew out there to see it in person. I was uber fuckin trusting and luckily it didn't take a Jaws sized bite out of my ass. I will probably never ever buy a car like that again. My anxiety level was insane. But like I said luckily every single part worked out absolutely perfect.

I have already bought a Grand Sport chrome license plate holder and a Vitesse Throttle Controller. Bought some brand new chrome GM Grand Sport wheels but they were fucked up so they had to go back. May end up getting some ZR1 wheels or the Z06 Spyders. Not sure yet.

Sorry to be so long winded.

Thread Info