Out of Curiosity

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
How hard is it to LSX swap a 2wd, 2door Jimmy Sport? (Or the Jimmy/S10 platform in general)

I'm sure there are lots of write-ups on these sort of setups, @smokinghot
[MENTION=169]LSx S10[/MENTION] and [MENTION=70]Smokinhot[/MENTION]

Like I said, just innocent curiosity, I'm such a ford guy that I've never looked into it.

And no, I didn't even bother googling it, because I'm sure someone has to have a link saved to a solid write-up instead of shuffling through the interwebz.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
S10V8.com Parts Store :: Kits for S10 V8 Conversion :: LS S10 Two Wheel Drive Kit

S10V8.com seems to be the big resource.

And just spit-balling, I wanted to 5.0 swap my explorer sport something fierce, but they don't respond well to being lowered, and only one company makes headers for them (at nearly $1000 a set)....

Seen lots of 350 swaps and LS swaps in S10/S15 pickups, not so often in the 2 door Jimmies/blazers, seems rather easy/straight forward.

No matter what I do next, I want it to be clean, something to take pride in, and something that can do 100% street duty, be practical, and still have fun with.... I just have to accept that I can't have a dedicated track car at this point in my life, which was my mistake with the Bimmer.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
in order to have a nice clean/fun DD... need to finish it my friend

Even if I keep the Bimmer, I plan on tearing everything out, and moving it to a new shell so I can maintain motivation, etc... Like I said, I made a mistake by accepting such a beat up shell to begin with thinking I'd just use it as a track machine.... Street Cars >>>>> Track cars.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
The S10 V8 Swap/Conversion Community poly mounts worked really well for me. If you use an H3 alpha oil pan with a 2wd, the engine will drop right in with no modification. I decided to save some money and just run the truck style oil pan. Had to notch the cross member, but that really wasn't too bad. I was able to use the stock transmission crossmember, just had to elongate the mount holes a bit. As far as a wiring harness, there are several companies that make them, but it's pretty easy to modify a truck or car harness yourself, just very time consuming.

Heres some links with a shitload of info:

******PARTS LIST AND SWAP INFO FROM BLACK X****** LSX Swap. - S-10 Forum

LSx Conversion Information - S-10 Forum

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info