NEW RIDE Our Jeep Wrangler 392 is here!!!

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
So we picked up our Jeep Wrangler 392 yesterday from St. Charles Jeep! As far as I know it is one of the very first ones in the area, and this thing is a beast! For those of you that don't know, Jeep has never done a factory installed V8 until now and they dropped one of their 6.4l Hemi's in to a 2021 Wrangler! They gave it a bi-mode exhaust that when opened sounds absolutely amazing. My first drive was a quick blast in the dealer parking lot and I actually giggled like a school girl when I stabbed the gas and it actually launched like a sports car. The ass end squatted and actually wanted to lift up the front end. The 470hp/470tq V8 goes through an 8 speed auto trans with paddle shifters, and a 3.73 rear gear ratio. We are already in talks with a lift company for a lift kit, and it will definitely be getting at least 37" tires on it, so stay tuned for more of the build details coming soon. I only had time to get some crappy basic pics yesterday but I did do a full walk around video and a comparison to my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. You can find my full walk around video here:

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Congrats man, that is bad ass. I know you have something up your sleeve, so what are the plans?
We are already in talks with a company for a small lift kit, we don't want to go as big as the Gladiator but it definitely needs at least 37" tires. I actually got a quote to do a cam install but they wanted $8k!!! So we will see what we decide to do with the motor.

Reactions: BS ISF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We are already in talks with a company for a small lift kit, we don't want to go as big as the Gladiator but it definitely needs at least 37" tires. I actually got a quote to do a cam install but they wanted $8k!!! So we will see what we decide to do with the motor.
Oh yeah, cam installs are huge money on these newer Mopars. Jeremy at Satera says its close to if not a little cheaper to throw boost at it.
I'm really looking forward to your build

Reactions: shockerracing.com

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Thats pretty fucking cool, but $75k?!?!?!
A Wrangler Rubicon loaded up with similar options is in the low $60's now, plenty of people were dropping $35k to do hemi swaps at America's Most Wanted. So in comparison, $75k isn't that unreasonable to have a factory warrantied Hemi Wrangler. Plus, as we all know Jeeps hold their value like no other vehicle!

But on a side note, it cost more than my dads C8!

Thread Info