NEW RIDE Our Ford Edge ST woes Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

i cannot fucking imagine buying a $50k vehicle and being like HAHA NORMALL ISSUES. hEEHEHEHE

fucking thing doesn't work correctly and all ya'll are like HERE'S AN AFTERMARKET BULLSHIT SOLUTION :rofl: vehicle should just work. the end.

this is like having a boat with a broken bilge pump and handing the owner a bucket. like welp sorry that doesn't work but here's something that will heehehe SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK :rofl:

blue-sun blue-sun i'd be fucking pissed in your shoes. don't listen to all these ford knobgobblers.

we have a 2018 f150 we bought new here at work that has connnnnnnnnnnstant electrical gremlins/issues.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Also, does anyone have any incite into Lemon Laws? What are the rules about it? Mileage based? Or time period? Does the car have to be “inoperable” to be lemoned? I’m just thinking of options after they say “nothing wrong with it”

I've run into this a lot. our f150 i referenced above, half the time, the stereo just wouldn't shut off... and soooo the battery would die. under 30k miles, under 2 years old.

"we can't get it to do it" k

brought it back

"we can't get it to do it"

k

third time, when it was dead, covered in 10 inches of snow, i jumped it, parked it right in front of the service desk, shut it off and said it's doing it again. as it sat there melting.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I also forgot to mention the time that the screen went blue and we couldn't do anything about it. And then there's the time that the backup camera stayed on while driving until the 10MPH and went back to the blue screen.

I know about the auto S/S eliminator button, she doesn't want it and like Yaj Yak Yaj Yak mentioned above, a $90 aftermarket part shouldn't be the fix on a 50k car.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
:rofl:

i cannot fucking imagine buying a $50k vehicle and being like HAHA NORMALL ISSUES. hEEHEHEHE

fucking thing doesn't work correctly and all ya'll are like HERE'S AN AFTERMARKET BULLSHIT SOLUTION :rofl: vehicle should just work. the end.

this is like having a boat with a broken bilge pump and handing the owner a bucket. like welp sorry that doesn't work but here's something that will heehehe SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK :rofl:

blue-sun blue-sun i'd be fucking pissed in your shoes. don't listen to all these ford knobgobblers.

we have a 2018 f150 we bought new here at work that has connnnnnnnnnnstant electrical gremlins/issues.
I agree 100%. As blue-sun blue-sun said, not being able to rely on a brand new $50k vehicle is a very tough pill to swallow. Fuck the fact that it rides nice or that it's sporty. You should ESPECIALLY fuck the fact that "tHiS iS NorMaL" right in the ass because that's grade-A horseshit. I'd be raising hell.

This reminds me of any F-body, or GM truck group I've been a part of.
me- "Does anybody here have a preference on HVAC module remanufacturers?"
Billies- "Yeah, it's called take off your t-tops and open your windows. Hyuck hyuck."

Ford has an R&D budget that's probably worth more than everybody in this forum combined. Not a single one of us should have to bypass the dealer to get their 50k mile car fixed half-assed.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I agree 100%. As blue-sun blue-sun said, not being able to rely on a brand new $50k vehicle is a very tough pill to swallow. Fuck the fact that it rides nice or that it's sporty. You should ESPECIALLY fuck the fact that "tHiS iS NorMaL" right in the ass because that's grade-A horseshit. I'd be raising hell.

This reminds me of any F-body, or GM truck group I've been a part of.
me- "Does anybody here have a preference on HVAC module remanufacturers?"
Billies- "Yeah, it's called take off your t-tops and open your windows. Hyuck hyuck."

absolute worst.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
For sure! Can borrow it whenever.
Same as above, you can definitely use/borrow the dongle whenever. I don't know the parameters though for an Edge, so I definitely can't do it for you.

giphy.gif

A really good call! Bunch of F150 guys use the eliminator plugs too.

This is the one I found over a year ago and she does not want any aftermarket stuff on her car. #notmycar

Side note, part of me getting rid of the manual Jetta GLI and picking up the DSG GTI was because once a month, I use the Edge ST to take the 70 pound bulldog to the groomers for a bath. Today is one of those days. No issues so far in the few miles I drove it to drop the kids off at school and then the dog at the groomers, but I also turned the stupid auto start/stop off in the car when I got in it. I will leave it on when I go pick the dog up later this morning.

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So given the ongoing issues, we’re looking at replacement vehicles for her. She thought she wanted a SUV with a 3rd row. Or not. She started wanting to get a 4Runner Limited but supply of those is low and prices are high. She then said Highlander Limited with the 3rd row and we went and drove one tonight. Rides nice interior is nice but it’s slow as balls and I think she’s gonna hate it. With Toyota inventory being low locally, they’re not really willing to deal. I ran the Carvana for the Edge again this week and showed it to him and he was still 1-2k below their price on the trade in and didn’t really come off the MSRP, so we walked. We weren’t really sold on it after driving it, and hearing his numbers confirmed that.
They happen to be a VW dealer down the road so we stopped in there and drove an Atlas with the 3rd row. It was nice too but now she’s not sure what she wants. CA dealer was closing so we left without talking numbers with them but since this is still the research phase, that was fine.

Plan is to go drive more cars tomorrow. Mazda CX9. Honda Pilot sad maybe Accord2.0T Touring. Probably go back to a different VW and drive more Atlas. We drove Explorer ST, Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade earlier this year but the timing wasn’t right. Maybe will give those a second drive again and see what happens.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We drove a bunch of cars today, none wowed her other than a white 4Runner TRD Pro. Dealer would not only not come up much on the trade but they had a 5k markup on the 4 Runner. Spent a few hours there this morning and since it wasn’t happening.

Left theft and we went to Honda and she hated the Pilot, even the Elite trim. They had a nice blue Accord Sport 2.0T on the showroom floor and it was nice. We drove a leftover 2020 Accord Touring 2.0T which was nice. Drove good and was plenty fast but she wasn’t sure if she wanted a sedan again. This would have been my first choice as the blue Sport 2.0T would fit nice in the garage of blue cars at blue-sun’s, but she was hesitant.

Left Honda and swung by Mazda to look at CX-9’s but she hated how they look so we didn’t even drive one.

Grabbed lunch and then our next stop was back to Gerald Ford. Since we got the Edge ST there and have the extended warranty/wheel/maintenance package, the “refund” for the unused portion could more easily be transferred to a new car.

She wanted to look at short bed F150’s and Explorers. Back in 2019, she initially wanted an Explorer Sport in the prior generation but it didn’t really work out.
They had a used white Explorer ST on the lot with 7k at a decent discount. Drove it and she really liked it, much like the Explorer ST we drove about 6 months ago. Lots of haggling and we agreed on a price. She’s texting back and forth with her brother and he tells us that there’s an accident on the CarFax that the dealer didn’t mention. They huff and puff a bit and finally admit it but no airbags deployed and they “think” it was no paintwork on the car. Dealbreaker. We gave up on the Explorer ST as they only had 2 in stock, a red and a black. As a former detailer, black is out. She hates red cars but dealer insisted he could get us a deal, not as good as on the used one. Gave him some time and after what felt like forever he got us to the numbers we wanted. Took a bit longer to wait out turn with finance and we finally left with the red Explorer ST.

I did not let them wash the car before us leaving as I don’t trust dealer porters. Even though it’s raining now, when we left it wasn’t and there was some random bird bombs on it from sitting in the lot. Ran in through the local touchless coin op to get the poop off the paint and drove her home.
Pics from the dealer lot:

Since we’ve had electrical issues, we opted for the extended warranty up to 75k. Most likely we’ll not keep it that long. Also got 4 years of maintenance and wheel/tire protection, since she’s been know you curb a rim or 2…multiple times.

I hope this Ford that had a MSRP closer to 60k isn’t as troublesome as the “cheap” Edge.

21C43210-74A8-448F-8BE8-4A23288C5231.jpeg

A62B66C5-1A52-414B-91B2-A6FA701DF78E.jpeg

7C9ACB0F-66AC-448D-876F-89E274CF766C.jpeg

9ACC2EEA-D358-4AE2-BF26-68009EC06E94.jpeg

ED97EEAC-D16F-4A38-BCBC-586B74B07A76.jpeg

9A7B0B5C-D05B-4740-951A-AAAE62BEB82A.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Curious for your review on the ST. Gomez had a few of them ready for a fresh fusion trade in.
I only got to drive the white one for a little bit. I end up driving her car most of the time we go out as a family in it, so I’m sure I’ll have plenty of seat time in the upcoming weeks.
Going to my tint guy a week from Monday, so I’ll put some miles on it then.
So far it’s nicer than the Edge. Massage dual front seats. 3 rows and the rear seats have their own climate control, so the kids like that. All digital display is sharp.

but it’s also more electronics to go wrong.

Thread Info