blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Fancy!

2BDC8BDB-C90B-48C7-A14E-CA5489BA1310.jpeg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I will agree with some. This did not turn out how I expected. Personally if a 50k vehicle that should work gives me nightmare problems the last thing I’m doing is then giving that same company even more money for a more expensive model lol.

That said I do like how these look. If this one doesn’t work though please don’t go out and buy an 80k Ford lol :)

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Yeah I brought that up to her multiple times.

Our service advisor at Gerald is actually an ILLDUBS member. He drives a GTI. Him and I have chatted about cars. He was working yesterday when we were there. I was asking him if he has seen any issues with the Explorer ST Ava he said he had not.

Her next car is going to be a 90k Porsche Panamerica. She really likes those, always has. My guess is it might be more likely she gets a Taycan next, since ICE cars are being phased out for EV’s.

She also really likes the R8, so once the kids are old enough I can see her getting one of those, if they still make them.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Yea I’ve had the super car itch lately. Sadly I wish insurance was a little cheaper. But you gotta pay to play and we just have other things we need to do first. There are quite a few in my new neighborhood. 3 ferraris so far, 1 new vette, a new Supra, and an R8 so far. I really feel like the broke bitch in the community.

On that really nice 80 degree day a 458 italia with a custom exhaust rolled down the street. I had to go inside and fap immediately

Reactions: blue-sun

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I was expecting something like this

I was expecting literally anything other than another Ford...lol.

I have a feeling that the infotainment system is going to take 1.5 mins to turn on one day and this thing will be branded a lemon by all the GM cock gobblers on this site. :ROFLMAO:

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So cleaning out my document drawer, herr are all the service receipts for the Edge ST. A handful of them are just regular maintenance, oil changes or rim rash repair. But occasionally the timing of issues and when we could get in coincides with Maintance. That’s 11 receipts and we had a 12th appointment scheduled yesterday had we not traded it in.
I will go through in more detail later and see exactly how many non maintenance receipts this was.

F3A6D1DF-3DF3-4D0B-976B-323E5741CA76.jpeg

B23FC0F0-6DB8-45B6-B293-D79E55A6555A.jpeg

D7A80B29-452B-40C2-93BA-34BE2AB3C3BD.jpeg

118F8EA9-C5FD-4ADF-8ED1-F8AFAB228AC3.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Good luck with that new explorer

I'm going to get giant lawn stakes and attach "I TOLD YOU SO" if we have the same/similar issues with the Explorer for the wife. I repeatedly warned her about going into an ever more expensive Ford with even MORE electronics (dual masssage seats, 360 degree camera, digital dash, etc) but you know how some wives can be.

I'm going to order this is that happens and stake the yard:

There was a time in the last year or so where she told me I was right about something trivial and random, but I asked Siri to make a note that I was right. If the Explorer has issues, that will be twice that I was right since meeting my wife in 2001. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Here's the thing. The Explorer ST will be riddled with issues, but it's at least a much more rewarding car to drive than the Edge ST, which just seemed like a slightly more powerful Edge. The Explorer ST is a cohesive performance package.

I think Consumer Reports gave a New Explorer 1% in predicted reliability. The 2020 rollout was a disaster and cars were plagued with problems. Hopefully they've made some improvements for 2021. Cars tend to get more reliable in successive production years. We own a 2021 F-150 Limited Hybrid at work and it's been a rough couple of months chasing check engine lights, power steering failure, multimedia issues. There's no actionable fix, either, just glitches that spaz the truck out every once in a while.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Here's the thing. The Explorer ST will be riddled with issues, but it's at least a much more rewarding car to drive than the Edge ST, which just seemed like a slightly more powerful Edge. The Explorer ST is a cohesive performance package.

I think Consumer Reports gave a New Explorer 1% in predicted reliability. The 2020 rollout was a disaster and cars were plagued with problems. Hopefully they've made some improvements for 2021. Cars tend to get more reliable in successive production years. We own a 2021 F-150 Limited Hybrid at work and it's been a rough couple of months chasing check engine lights, power steering failure, multimedia issues. There's no actionable fix, either, just glitches that spaz the truck out every once in a while.

I agree on your points. The Edge was an EARLY release of the ST. At the time we bought it, I had only seen a handful of them on the road. Like less than 5. Even during Covid while commuting to the office I would see 4-10 a day at least, so im hoping it was just an early production that had those issues and this Explorer will be, like you said, more sorted since it’s been out over a year now.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I agree on your points. The Edge was an EARLY release of the ST. At the time we bought it, I had only seen a handful of them on the road. Like less than 5. Even during Covid while commuting to the office I would see 4-10 a day at least, so im hoping it was just an early production that had those issues and this Explorer will be, like you said, more sorted since it’s been out over a year now.

U don’t see a lot edge ST’s cause they are over priced. U can buy an explorer in that price range.

I agree on your points. The Edge was an EARLY release of the ST. At the time we bought it, I had only seen a handful of them on the road. Like less than 5. Even during Covid while commuting to the office I would see 4-10 a day at least, so im hoping it was just an early production that had those issues and this Explorer will be,

early release usually is better quality assembly wise, parts is parts though no control over that quality.

The explorer release was so bad because of the extent of the facility rebuild, but integrated build is much better.

Thread Info