Other Belt

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
I had to breakdown this morning and use the A/C for the first time this year :p , and I got to thinking about the other belt that drives the compressor. I havent given it much thought up until now because I dont use the A/C that much and just replace the sepertine belt couple times a year :rolleyes:. The question I have is has anyone gone thru and replaced it and if so whats involved I may do it this weekend just as a routine maintence so long as im not pulling alot apart to do it. I have 47K on it and figure its probably due.....

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Reaction score
Good question! I've been wondering that myself. What is involved in replacing this belt.

OP
Dragon03

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
Dewalt03cobra said:
Good question! I've been wondering that myself. What is involved in replacing this belt.
I dunno :dunno: I have been surfing around the web trying to find something regarding this and thus far zippo....maybe this is the one ford part that will last the life of the car :lmao: :rolleyes:

OP
Dragon03

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
ShelbyGuy said:
The lower blower pulley has to come off
I will wait for the belt to come off on its own. :D

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Yep, it's pretty involed, Id wait untill the last sec. to change it. I replaced mine when the engine was out :D

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
The lower pulley and the cross brace that supports the idlers for the front belt both have to come off.

We have the lower pulley removal down to an art. There are a couple of tricks that help.

Dan

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Reaction score
Dan, do you have a line on the individual idler pulleys?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom