Ordering cars from factory?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Sooo I've kind of figured its going to be probably more financially feasible to buy a new car that I don't have to keep dumping money into, rather than keep buying used cars that inevitably have been poorly maintained or have issues. Than just have a reasonable monthly payment and not have to worry about repairs. Now I've been looking and failing at trying to find the right optioned vehicle. I've really only been looking at 2 cars, the 2011 Fiesta and 2010-11 Fusion. The only options that I am really looking for is a manual and cruise control, which apparently on the Fiesta is a difficult task. The salesman I talked to searched the area for anything similar to what I was looking for, and really couldn't find anything. He said ordering from the factory would be the best and easiest way of getting what I want option wise. Has anyone else ever ordered from the factory? How does this affect the "deal"? Is it really worth it, or should I just wait for the right car to come along?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Salesman is bullshitting to get you to stick around at their dealership. Cruise control came standard on the SES, plus there are a few manual ones in the area for sale, as Joel pointed out. It's an option on the SE, and not available on the base S.

Go to Cars.com, filter out the S trim level and search for manual cars. Boom. There's your car.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Also, usually you can't use incentives -- including low interest or cash-back -- on ordered cars. That's typically reserved for dealer stock examples only. I think the Fiesta is running a low-interest incentive now, though no cash back.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I guess I have a hard time believing that it is impossible to find a car with your preferred options and color. Maybe some cars have more options than others. When I bought the G8, there were only three options: engine size, color, and if you wanted the 'sports' package. That was really about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info