• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Ordering cars from factory?

Primalzer

Reaction score
Sooo I've kind of figured its going to be probably more financially feasible to buy a new car that I don't have to keep dumping money into, rather than keep buying used cars that inevitably have been poorly maintained or have issues. Than just have a reasonable monthly payment and not have to worry about repairs. Now I've been looking and failing at trying to find the right optioned vehicle. I've really only been looking at 2 cars, the 2011 Fiesta and 2010-11 Fusion. The only options that I am really looking for is a manual and cruise control, which apparently on the Fiesta is a difficult task. The salesman I talked to searched the area for anything similar to what I was looking for, and really couldn't find anything. He said ordering from the factory would be the best and easiest way of getting what I want option wise. Has anyone else ever ordered from the factory? How does this affect the "deal"? Is it really worth it, or should I just wait for the right car to come along?

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
When I was driving trucks, I ordered them from the factory. There were so many options, it was the only way to get what I wanted. I still paid no more than $100 over invoice. The only issue is you have to wait.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
SS and m3 were ordered from factory. Only way to buy new in my opinion.

Primalzer

Reaction score
My worry is that it ruins the "deal" and you lose your bargaining chip, but I've never known anyone that's really ordered from the factory, so I am just kind of lost.

jason05gt

Reaction score
My Mustang was ordered from the factory. With that said, many mfg's are trying to limit the number of options that you can choose. This is obviously done to cut costs.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize the fiesta was so cheap. I'll have to look into one.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Salesman is bullshitting to get you to stick around at their dealership. Cruise control came standard on the SES, plus there are a few manual ones in the area for sale, as Joel pointed out. It's an option on the SE, and not available on the base S.

Go to Cars.com, filter out the S trim level and search for manual cars. Boom. There's your car.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
There's that metallic grey hatchback SES not too far away. Looks good.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Also, usually you can't use incentives -- including low interest or cash-back -- on ordered cars. That's typically reserved for dealer stock examples only. I think the Fiesta is running a low-interest incentive now, though no cash back.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess I have a hard time believing that it is impossible to find a car with your preferred options and color. Maybe some cars have more options than others. When I bought the G8, there were only three options: engine size, color, and if you wanted the 'sports' package. That was really about it.

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
i ordered my civic that way because back when i got it, it was impossible to get a white SI with navi.... just to warn you it takes a few months to get the car, but its the only way to go imo.... you are the one spending the money... why settle for what they have on a lot?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom