• Stage 1x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Well as most of you know I am actually from MIGPC, but I like your forum better because its a lot mroe active and not nearly as bias. For example everyone in MIGPC will tell you the XP cam is the way to go. This bothers me, because to me it sounds like there are several good options. So I would like to know what cam everyone considers to be the best option if you want to break into the 12's but have the car still a daily driver and very unreliable. Looking at the ZZP VS, XP, along with the Intense Stage 1x, or something else?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
It depends what you wanna do... if you are goin all out racing... get the stage 3

If you want to be daring but still have a daily driver (or not as some people say) get the stage 2. That is what Im installing.

Keep in mind..

it goes stage1 < VS < s1x i believe... right DOLE?

but def go cam over rockers, unles you like to preserve your motor :)

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I have a stage 2 and I would not recommend it for daily drivability, its not like its impossible but if i drove my gtp for everything I wouldnt like it, too bad of gas mileage and idle is too rough, and i'm not counting on it being to reliable yet.

I know u didnt mention that one, but isnt the xp comparable?
I'd go with a vs or 1x if I were you then do more supporting things and ur wanted times should be attenable i'd guess.

Can you do 1.7s with a vs?

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
yeah the stage 2 is a little overkill for my needs at the moment. As for the XP, I am not sure it is as extreme as a stage 2, I think it is a small step up from the vs. Not sure though, kinda why I am asking. As for supporting mods, I am planning to do TOG headers and RT highflo cat, to go along with my SLP Loudmouth, Wizair CAI, DHP PCM, and my quikchange pulley. Maybe that will help you guys with your suggestions

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@Jan 23 2005, 05:19 PM
yeah the stage 2 is a little overkill for my needs at the moment. As for the XP, I am not sure it is as extreme as a stage 2, I think it is a small step up from the vs. Not sure though, kinda why I am asking. As for supporting mods, I am planning to do TOG headers and RT highflo cat, to go along with my SLP Loudmouth, Wizair CAI, DHP PCM, and my quikchange pulley. Maybe that will help you guys with your suggestions
[snapback]68602[/snapback]​

well i guess i would suggest looking at people with the times ur looking to run and see if/what cam they chose, i guess that would provide a good benchmark.

DaytonaPrixMI

Regular
Dec 3, 2008
Originally posted by jk99gtp@Jan 24 2005, 11:00 PM
I hope this doesnt start a flame war because its not the intentions, but maybe this might give you an idea on what to go with:

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=15...ode=&s=#1550443

Thanks.
[snapback]68782[/snapback]​

Thanks that kinda helps, I am really leaning towards the VS cam, just seems like people are pulling higher numbers with it.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 25 2005, 04:27 PM
i've been running the H/L cam from PFYC, for 3+ years now,i've modded around it, slowly.

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]68865[/snapback]​
Yeah, but your weird.... :D

Get the VS, you can always step up to 1.7 rockers later. An IC and supersmall pulley will give you a streetable idle, good gas milage, and low 12 second potential! :ph34r:

I'm just a dork trying to do that with rockers...on 87 octane. :banghead:

Thread Info