Tom Cruise What GIF

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
These convos go all over the place, OP share up a a short list of the trucks you are seriously considering.
He asked what was left to look at in his price range, he didn’t ask opinions on specific vehicles other than fuck rams

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
A light car on an open trailer is one of the easiest pulling things you can hook to. No way in hell would I ever buy a diesel for just that.

Any half ton will do just fine pulling that. I'm not sure why you don't want a modular, but that, any 4.8 or 5.3 GM, or 360 or 5.7 hemi ram would have zero problems.

If you want to go 3/4 or 1 ton, that's fine, but completely unnecessary.

91Notch6.0

Regular
Feb 25, 2023
A light car on an open trailer is one of the easiest pulling things you can hook to. No way in hell would I ever buy a diesel for just that.

Any half ton will do just fine pulling that. I'm not sure why you don't want a modular, but that, any 4.8 or 5.3 GM, or 360 or 5.7 hemi ram would have zero problems.

If you want to go 3/4 or 1 ton, that's fine, but completely unnecessary.

The 2Vs are underpowered IMO and I'm not risking my luck with a 3V. A coyote or 6.2 I'd consider if price was right.

I've never pulled anything but considered diesel because it's seems better to have more truck than not enough. Right now, an hour and a half here and there would be enough. Down the line, I'd consider towing to events further away if I got comfortable enough.

Reactions: sktchy

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
You have a budget of $12k and will only need about 4-5 times a season?
Well I fairly certain you are not going to get into anything that won’t need more work then the car you are racing or isn’t rusted out to the point it’s lighter then your Fox body….. I’ll tell you what, for $10k I will personally tow your car and trailer to the track 5times this season. ?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I wouldn't get anything less than a 1/2 ton pickup or full size full frame SUV.

A steel or wood deck trailer is pretty heavy. Byron is far enough away and hilly enough in that area that I would want something well suited for towing.

Exactly. ^^^^^^ This guy^^^^^

I’d use a Suburban or my Expedition to tow. Find at least a half ton truck. The thought of towing with a Trailblazer or Lexus or other small SUV meant to tow a flower pot is asking for trouble.

91Notch6.0

Regular
Feb 25, 2023
You have a budget of $12k and will only need about 4-5 times a season?
Well I fairly certain you are not going to get into anything that won’t need more work then the car you are racing or isn’t rusted out to the point it’s lighter then your Fox body….. I’ll tell you what, for $10k I will personally tow your car and trailer to the track 5times this season. ?
It will be a daily as well. The towing is limited to 4-5 times a year. I'm pretty good at spending my money myself, thanks tho

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
My take on it is to use the truck you have. Put a trans cooler on it if you’re worried about the 4l65e (assuming that’s the trans). I echo what others have said about getting a 5.0 ford f150 if you want a bit more capability. I’ve towed cars a few times with my wimpy Tacoma v6/manual and it’s fine. I’m not beating any landspeed records as a tow boi but it’s plenty for the occasional tow. So you don’t need a big diesel douche canoe to take your car back and forth from the track

6A099D6A-B73B-48CC-BBAF-44B5CA8F99FE.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info