3800 Open Road

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
Where in the Chicago land area do you test your tunes/mods?
I am looking for a stretch of road where I can launch and let her run say to 90+ with out the likelihood of getting caught.
THX
Noga
[/b]

if i want wide open road in the middle of nowhere.... I hit 88 west to 39 south and 39 is a nice open hwy that i have never seen a cop on, topped out a ta on that road hehe

I

imported_GraFFix

My test road is I-90..lol

Get on late at night, stop at bottom of the on ramp and launch away, and get off at the next exit, cross over and get right back on going back and do it all over again till i get back to my exit. Its alot easier then worrying about cops on the main roads. I can get 2 runs in 5 minutes and get off like nothing ever happened. :)

Nice that is what I am talking about!

My test road is I-90..lol

Get on late at night, stop at bottom of the on ramp and launch away, and get off at the next exit, cross over and get right back on going back and do it all over again till i get back to my exit. Its alot easier then worrying about cops on the main roads. I can get 2 runs in 5 minutes and get off like nothing ever happened. :)
[/b]

I

imported_GraFFix

Yea its alot easier, no potholes, worrying about cars coming off the side streets, and its alot easier to do a run on the eway then a 35-45mph road...

Not that I speed or anything I always keep it under 55mph....as long as im in 2nd gear. :)

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
Where in the Chicago land area do you test your tunes/mods?
I am looking for a stretch of road where I can launch and let her run say to 90+ with out the likelihood of getting caught.
THX
Noga
[/b]

if i want wide open road in the middle of nowhere.... I hit 88 west to 39 south and 39 is a nice open hwy that i have never seen a cop on, topped out a ta on that road hehe
[/b][/quote]

I agree 88west its the best rd to open it up after Lake st or Orchard RD. exits just 2 lanes & you get to test how the govener goes pass !55MPH :eek:

<div class='quotemain'>
I'm in Brookfield.

<div class='quotemain'>
Where are you located? Dam those mods look familiar. :)
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Very easy then. Jump on 290 from First Ave. Go WOT. Exit onto Harlem. B)
[/b][/quote]

:blink: i got a ticket for speeding around that area, near cumberland and forest preserve, i wouldn't suggest speeding down the expressway lol. now i have to go to maywood for court....definatly pulling my subs out of my car before i park my car anywhere around there.

I

imported_GraFFix

:blink: i got a ticket for speeding around that area, near cumberland and forest preserve, i wouldn't suggest speeding down the expressway lol. now i have to go to maywood for court....definatly pulling my subs out of my car before i park my car anywhere around there.
[/b]
Cumberland and Forest Preserve is no where near 290 or to Maywood park. :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Cumberland and Forest Preserve is no where near 290 or to Maywood park. :blink:
[/b][/quote]
well i know but its pretty close, 1st ave turns into cumberland about 4 miles down, i just dont think speeding down the expressway is a good idea, 88 west though is a good place to do it like everyone else says.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info