• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Open Road

GTPNoga

Reaction score
Where in the Chicago land area do you test your tunes/mods?
I am looking for a stretch of road where I can launch and let her run say to 90+ with out the likelihood of getting caught.
THX
Noga

Reaction score
I am looking for a stretch of road where I can launch and let her run say to 90+ with out the likelihood of getting caught.
THX
Noga
[/b]
if i want wide open road in the middle of nowhere.... I hit 88 west to 39 south and 39 is a nice open hwy that i have never seen a cop on, topped out a ta on that road hehe

I

imported_Ron Vogel

There's a bunch out here in Will county, but only after hours is there no traffic.

I

imported_GraFFix

My test road is I-90..lol

Get on late at night, stop at bottom of the on ramp and launch away, and get off at the next exit, cross over and get right back on going back and do it all over again till i get back to my exit. Its alot easier then worrying about cops on the main roads. I can get 2 runs in 5 minutes and get off like nothing ever happened. :)

GTPNoga

Reaction score
Nice that is what I am talking about!

My test road is I-90..lol

Get on late at night, stop at bottom of the on ramp and launch away, and get off at the next exit, cross over and get right back on going back and do it all over again till i get back to my exit. Its alot easier then worrying about cops on the main roads. I can get 2 runs in 5 minutes and get off like nothing ever happened. :)
[/b]

I

imported_GraFFix

Yea its alot easier, no potholes, worrying about cars coming off the side streets, and its alot easier to do a run on the eway then a 35-45mph road...

Not that I speed or anything I always keep it under 55mph....as long as im in 2nd gear. :)

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I'm in Brookfield.

<div class='quotemain'>
Where are you located? Dam those mods look familiar. :)
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Very easy then. Jump on 290 from First Ave. Go WOT. Exit onto Harlem. B)

LeeGTP

Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
THX
Noga
[/b]
if i want wide open road in the middle of nowhere.... I hit 88 west to 39 south and 39 is a nice open hwy that i have never seen a cop on, topped out a ta on that road hehe
[/b][/quote]

I agree 88west its the best rd to open it up after Lake st or Orchard RD. exits just 2 lanes & you get to test how the govener goes pass !55MPH :eek:

AlmightyBirdman

*shrug*
Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
I'm in Brookfield.

<div class='quotemain'>
Where are you located? Dam those mods look familiar. :)
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Very easy then. Jump on 290 from First Ave. Go WOT. Exit onto Harlem. B)
[/b][/quote]

:blink: i got a ticket for speeding around that area, near cumberland and forest preserve, i wouldn't suggest speeding down the expressway lol. now i have to go to maywood for court....definatly pulling my subs out of my car before i park my car anywhere around there.

I

imported_GraFFix

:blink: i got a ticket for speeding around that area, near cumberland and forest preserve, i wouldn't suggest speeding down the expressway lol. now i have to go to maywood for court....definatly pulling my subs out of my car before i park my car anywhere around there.
[/b]
Cumberland and Forest Preserve is no where near 290 or to Maywood park. :blink:

AlmightyBirdman

*shrug*
Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Cumberland and Forest Preserve is no where near 290 or to Maywood park. :blink:
[/b][/quote]
well i know but its pretty close, 1st ave turns into cumberland about 4 miles down, i just dont think speeding down the expressway is a good idea, 88 west though is a good place to do it like everyone else says.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom