Open Carry: Veteran Unlawfully Disarmed, Detained & Arrested

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about the whole open carry thing. On one hand, if you sling an AR on your back and go walking around the neighborhood, you are going to scare the shit out of the sheep. Unfortunately, people have been conditioned over the years to fear guns. I personally would never do something like that, unless I was out in some bumblefuck country town where that kind of thing was more common.

On the other hand, either open carry is legal or it's not. The cops really shouldn't be able to detain and arrest you for doing something that's not illegal.

In this case, the cops made their show of force and gave the guy a hard time. What he was doing was probably not the smartest thing, but it was not illegal. They should have just let him go at the end, but instead, they played a little game by not letting him walk away and then arrested him. The way it was done was BS IMO. You can't tell someone that they can't walk in a certain direction down the sidewalk, then when they turn around to go the other way, arrest them. What the cops did was fucked up IMO. If he really was doing something illegal, then why didn't they arrest him on the first contact? Instead they let him go, then played games with the guy. It seems to me that they just wanted their pound of flesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-cvipwCcm8

Ti28

Cupcake
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm 100% pro gun. But when you go walking around with a long gun, you're asking for trouble. If you wanna open carry, carry a fucking .45 or 9mm on your hip.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Why does it matter that he's a veteran? The law applies the same to veterans as it does to "normal" folks.

"Oh look! There's a guy walking through a shopping mall with his rifle in the low-ready position... it's okay, he's probably just a veteran exercising his 2nd amendment." -Said nobody ever.

I'm gonna go ahead and sit behind a radio for 4 years just to become a pretentious prick when it comes to the constitution.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
My favorite in open carry videos is when the cops are all in buddy mode and say "we've been getting calls about a guy walking around with a gun and I'm just trying to figure out what's going on". If I was the person open carrying I would say "well did the dispatcher tell them that it's legal?" But for some reason the people always go into jackass mode and start spouting off laws and reasons they don't need to give them their name

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Why does it matter that he's a veteran? The law applies the same to veterans as it does to "normal" folks.
He probably named the video like that in the hopes it would give him extra credibility. I've seen a lot of videos out there where "veteran" is used like that.

I agree with you though. It shouldn't matter in a case like this.
I really wish these "open carriers" would stop carrying rifles around shopping malls and the like. It definitely is hurting the cause and people freak out, especially with all the attention given to school shootings by the mainstream media.

Although, do you think he should have been arrested / convicted since what he was doing is technically not illegal? If I were on a jury and presented with the facts of the law, I'd have to say "no". Can't necessarily convict the guy for being a dumbass.

I think as more idiots continue to open carry in this fashion, you'll see laws passed that ban it, like they did in California with the open carry of handguns.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Ain't nothing wrong with carry what you yuppies are calling a "long gun". It's your God Damn right as an American. So go fuck yourself in your own ass ya bunch of pansy asses.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Ain't nothing wrong with carry what you yuppies are calling a "long gun". It's your God Damn right as an American. So go fuck yourself in your own ass ya bunch of pansy asses.
Are you quoting some tactical neckbeard or are you trolling? Either way, that's the mentality that makes gun owners look like douchebags.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
What's a neck beard? And hey if it you're scared then go kill yourself.

Maybe your parents Should've raised you better and if you're gonna raise your kids to be like you then that's sad. Not directed towards anyone in particular but the group of people going around telling us that we shouldn't carry a rifle or shotgun for our open carry. Fucks sake man, grow up.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
Although, do you think he should have been arrested / convicted since what he was doing is technically not illegal? If I were on a jury and presented with the facts of the law, I'd have to say "no". Can't necessarily convict the guy for being a dumbass.
He acted like an asshole towards the police officers and they played along. The police enforce laws at their discretion, and are more than likely to let you off with a verbal warning for a minor crime if you treat the with respect.

If you walk around trying to instigate an argument and one-up them at every turn, they will use the law to fuck you what ever way they can. In this case he didn't leave the property after numerous warnings and was arrested for trespassing.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
True, the police are a street gang all in their own. They just have the taxpayers bank owners giving them their pay to do what they see fit.

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
What's a neck beard? And hey if it you're scared then go kill yourself.
A socially inept individual. Smug/self-important for no reason, or shy unless with fellow Neckbeards. When spoken to, will quickly reveal extremely limited social experience. To a normal person they will be definitively near-autistic or aspy.

Visual cues:

Fedora.
Greasy hair
Acne at any age.
Shitty beard.
Odd eye behavior, similar to low self esteem (avoiding, darting, or over-compensational staring).
Hand placement. Instead of pockets, usually leave them at sides or cross them.

You can assume:
-virgin
-inflated, hollow self esteem
-will laugh at things that arent very funny
-are or were obese
-will NOT understand the Neckbeard concept
-hasnt bathed in days, and if you get close, you can confirm, but if you do they will think you're making a sexual pass at them and excrete more stench.

The majority of Neckbeards come from middle class white America. Lower class learned how to live while young, and upper class doesnt have the time to, or has better things to do than be a pile of shit.

Maybe your parents Should've raised you better and if you're gonna raise your kids to be like you then that's sad. Not directed towards anyone in particular but the group of people going around telling us that we shouldn't carry a rifle or shotgun for our open carry. Fucks sake man, grow up.
Not only is open carry idiotic, openly carrying a rifle completely defeats the purpose. All you're doing is attracting negative attention to yourself. It provides no tactical advantage and will more than likely make you the first victim when the bad guys arrive.

Walking around with a rifle that was involved many recent mass shootings makes people nervous.

The retard in the video knows that and thinks that walking around with this rifle will make people think about gun rights. All they think about when they see the video is anticipating the next mass shooting.

There's better ways to educate others about gun rights that shoving fear down their throat.

Oh and:

........go kill yourself......Maybe your parents Should've raised you better.......... Fucks sake man, grow up.
irony at its finest

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Reaction score
True, the police are a street gang all in their own. They just have the taxpayers bank owners giving them their pay to do what they see fit.
If you feel that way then don't call them, ever.

I have no problem with police, I show them respect and I always get it back. If you're going to act like a fucking asshole to them, they'll show you that same lack of respect back.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
A socially inept individual. Smug/self-important for no reason, or shy unless with fellow Neckbeards. When spoken to, will quickly reveal extremely limited social experience. To a normal person they will be definitively near-autistic or aspy.

Visual cues:

Fedora.
Greasy hair
Acne at any age.
Shitty beard.
Odd eye behavior, similar to low self esteem (avoiding, darting, or over-compensational staring).
Hand placement. Instead of pockets, usually leave them at sides or cross them.

You can assume:
-virgin
-inflated, hollow self esteem
-will laugh at things that arent very funny
-are or were obese
-will NOT understand the Neckbeard concept
-hasnt bathed in days, and if you get close, you can confirm, but if you do they will think you're making a sexual pass at them and excrete more stench.

The majority of Neckbeards come from middle class white America. Lower class learned how to live while young, and upper class doesnt have the time to, or has better things to do than be a pile of shit.

Not only is open carry idiotic, openly carrying a rifle completely defeats the purpose. All you're doing is attracting negative attention to yourself. It provides no tactical advantage and will more than likely make you the first victim when the bad guys arrive.

Walking around with a rifle that was involved many recent mass shootings makes people nervous.

The retard in the video knows that and thinks that walking around with this rifle will make people think about gun rights. All they think about when they see the video is anticipating the next mass shooting.

There's better ways to educate others about gun rights that shoving fear down their throat.

Oh and:

irony at its finest
We need to make it possible to like something more than once on this forum.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
In this case he didn't leave the property after numerous warnings and was arrested for trespassing.
If you watch the video carefully at the end, he immediately left the parking lot and was on public property when arrested. They arrested him for trespassing on a public sidewalk. Where exactly did they expect him to go? The only way out for him at that moment would be to magically float upwards into the air.

This is the part I think the guy was alluding to when saying "Unlawfully arrested". It doesn't change the fact that the guy was a doofus, but still, the cops reactions were unwarranted IMO.

See aftermath interviews:
Veteran Mack Worley: UNLAWFULLY ARRESTED FOR OPEN CARRY - Part 1 - OnTheMoveShow - YouTube

Veteran Mack Worley: UNLAWFULLY ARRESTED FOR OPEN CARRY - Part 2 - OnTheMoveShow - YouTube

I saw one of these open carry videos where the cops came up on people open carrying outside a shopping mall. Instead of going full military on the open carriers, they sat down with them and had a professional, calm and intelligent discussion on why it hurts the cause. They ended up convincing the open carriers that it was a bad idea. There was no yelling, nobody was arrested, nobody's rights were violated and the open carriers left educated. This had a MUCH more positive effect than doing the whole "Drop the gun! Get on the ground! Let's see some ID! You're under arrest"! and other over-the-top aggressive actions cops normally take in these situations.

People respond more positively when treated with respect instead of being treated like criminals.

I think the reason a lot of people do this whole open carry thing is because lately, they perceive their freedoms, liberties and rights being eroded by government and this is their way of rebelling / pushing back against that tyranny. When cops come and harass / arrest them for doing something that is technically legal and a fundamental right enumerated in the Constitution, this only reinforces that belief.

Unfortunately, because of these open carriers and their lack of tact, I think we'll see more laws passed that will take away the right to open carry. It will only end up eroding our rights even further and have the opposite effect of what they're expecting.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Slim, hate to say it. You sound like a beatoff. Carrying a rifle in a non populated area with no fucks given is cool. But walking around populated areas "open carrying" a rifle just to think you are proving a point is really just going to create more firearm ban, BS laws and ruin a lot of hard work firearm activists have strived for all these years.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
Most of the video is just a dipshit causing trouble, but what I do disagree with is when he clearly states to the officers that his car is in the direction they are blocking him from, they overreact. You want him to leave and go home? Let the man go to his car, even if it means an officer accompanies him to his car. But don't tell the man to go home and then bar him from proceeding to his vehicle. Now you're just causing trouble yourself, as an officer, and creating an entrapment case.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Slim, hate to say it. You sound like a beatoff. Carrying a rifle in a non populated area with no fucks given is cool. But walking around populated areas "open carrying" a rifle just to think you are proving a point is really just going to create more firearm ban, BS laws and ruin a lot of hard work firearm activists have strived for all these years.
The only people ruining it are the Sally asses that go crying all the time about nothing. It's your right to carry what ever you want no matter the population. Sure people have the right to go cry and complain as well but the person carrying is doing nothing wrong or illegal. The people crying about are the ones that will ruin the anything. Some people just need to grow the fuck up.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Go cry me a river!

You must not like it when people are smarter then you.
Jesus fuck dude. I am usually really annoyed by grammar nazis because who gives a fuck...but if you are calling someone stupid, at least be smart about it. The right word would have been than.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom