TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Delay works just like a progressive nitrous controller and pulses the WG basically... at least that is how I understand it.

Here's the explanation on OBS:

TSS BC Manual said:
OVER BOOST SHUTDOWN

If the OBS is triggered the E-Boost Street will reduce the boost pressure to half of that set in the OBS parameter. Once this safe
pressure is achieved the E-Boost Street will return to normal operation. OBS must be set to the maximum safe level your engine can
handle and your set points must be below the OBS setting. When the OBS is triggered OBS will flash on the display to indicate that your
boost pressure has reached the over boost shut down value. OBS will flash on the screen when triggered in live mode and when a set
point is being edited. Please note, OBS will not work in setup mode.
The OBS is factory set to 7 PSI (0.48 Bar or 48 KPa), so you must enter a figure in order for the E-Boost Street to produce more than
the standard boost pressure. The purpose of this feature is to protect your engine against accidentally entering a boost set point value
that is too high, preventing a dangerously high boost pressure. Extreme care should be taken when setting this parameter. Turbosmart
recommends that you seek advice from an appropriately qualified technician with regard to the OBS setting.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Thanks, SDD! :D I like that the gauge will fit into the pillar as well.

Another issue I'd heard was with pressure bleed @ high RPM, but most of those folks were running STS kits... which notoriously leak. So I take it as a grain of salt, but still concerns me.

build a pressure tester dealio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atretf9u-Mc

thats what im doing once i redo my i/c piping and everything.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
HA... yea, I don't give myself the credit for always watching my gauges. I'd like something that can alert and or protect me from when I go into idiot mode and just slap the pedal to the floor if you know what I mean... :emb:

lol yeah. and you have to do that whole shifting thing, along with keeping the car going down some sort of pavement with that sort of power.

mines too slow to need anything that serious lol.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Thanks, SDD! :D I like that the gauge will fit into the pillar as well.

Another issue I'd heard was with pressure bleed @ high RPM, but most of those folks were running STS kits... which notoriously leak. So I take it as a grain of salt, but still concerns me.
The boost controller should hold boost at higher rpms? I would think a quality piece like the aem should be able too anyways. My stock solenoid bleeds off boost at higher rpms big time. I actually put one in from my gtp :rofl:

Thread Info