One man's tale of a LS1 turbo build

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
my wrap became hard and brittle on my rear manifold and flaked off as i removed it the other day. it was weird. im going to get one of them nifty turbo blankets soon tho too. clean up my engine bay.

Once it cures, it is almost like a Cast you get on a broken limb, it isn't supposed to be re-usable.... They have a new one that you don't need to paint though, DEI calls it Titanium wrap or something like that, supposed to be better than the standard fiberglass

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Once it cures, it is almost like a Cast you get on a broken limb, it isn't supposed to be re-usable.... They have a new one that you don't need to paint though, DEI calls it Titanium wrap or something like that, supposed to be better than the standard fiberglass

hmmm. my crossover mustnot have cured then cuz it came off easily.

even tho i didnt want it to. and your right i had to pick at some spots on the rear manifold... note to self- wear long sleeves next time playing with exhaust wrap. my arms were itchy as FUCK for 5 hours.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
hmmm. my crossover mustnot have cured then cuz it came off easily.

even tho i didnt want it to. and your right i had to pick at some spots on the rear manifold... note to self- wear long sleeves next time playing with exhaust wrap. my arms were itchy as FUCK for 5 hours.

Yeah, I wrapped my front while it was on the car.... it took a few days before my hands felt glass free

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'd love to come up and watch some of the build, but damn you're a ways up there from me haha.
Good luck with the build, looks nasty.

Thanks Shib! I'm pretty excited about it... but there is a TON of work left to do. I just hope it comes together in time for the spring track day! :D

NICE!

Good luck Dan

:h5:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ny7nup.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
TOPIC OF THE DAY: BOOST CONTROLLERS

I'm investigating boost controllers. Right now, I'm looking at the AEM tru-boost gauge, the Turbosmart Street BC, and a couple other manual valves, but I figured I'd ask yall for your input.

Anyone have experience with any of the units I'm looking at, or would suggest another unit that might suit my needs?

I really would like to be able to adjust boost from inside the car. I obviously will need a boost gauge of some sort, this is where the AEM tru-boost came in as its an all in one package. Past that, I like the idea of a system that can alert for overboost or even protect against it, which is where a nicer BC like the turbosmart comes into play.

What does TCG think?

Thread Info