One badass sleeper (local) *PICS*

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
Reaction score
a local guy (who I believe works for Speed Inc) built this one-of-a-kind sleeper; its a really cool concept. Had to share:

I had the idea for this project for a long time and over the winter I started hunting for the car. The plan was to build a sleeper, stock-ish appearing 70 Malibu with a twin turbo LS1 that would be decently quick and built on a budget.

I ended up finding the car on arizona craigslist and bought it as a stock running 307 car. I removed the stock engine/trans, scrubbed/painted the floors and installed a 6.0 LQ9 from an 04 escalade. Engine is stock with the exception of valvesprings, an 02 LS6 cam, and edelbrock intake.

I then flipped/modified the truck manifolds to mate up to 2 stock buick GN turbos/air boxes, built an air/water intercooler and used a vintage cooler as the reservoir in the trunk. Also used a vintage tool box for the battery box.

Trans is a built 4l65e. Rearend is the stock 8.2 10-bolt with 3.36 limited slip. Tires are MT et street radials with white stripe installed

It put down 567rwhp 570rwtq with 9lbs of boost and went 10.74 @126.45 in the 1/4. A/C and everything else works and I've been driving it almost every day since it's been finished, I love this car. It is super quiet which is great since everyone assumes it's just an old original car.

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Nice, I like. And damn 567rwhp 570rwtq with a pretty much stock block for the turbo's.

PANDA

Reaction score
IIRC that is Speed INC's tuners car.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
There was a tan or green TT/LQ4'd Chevelle a few yrs back at there open house that was a pretty good sleeper as well

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Reaction score
Very nice. And I will agree with the census and rock this car out as well.
Not to big of the white stripe tire. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom