Onboad at Road America in the NP01

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
doesn't look like they have the top speed, even on my first newbie visit on the straight in a pretty stock sti i think i got to 145? plus traffic
True, but I'd assume the downforce that reduces top speed should more than make up for it in corner speed throughout the 14 turns. Otherwise why spend a big dollars to make a car with a lot of downforce lol. Stock zl1 1le's can go low 2:30's.

Anyone familiar with these cars/classes that can shed some light on the lap times and race formats?

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine

Reactions: LikeABauce302

fasteddie123

Regular
Apr 18, 2009
True, but I'd assume the downforce that reduces top speed should more than make up for it in corner speed throughout the 14 turns. Otherwise why spend a big dollars to make a car with a lot of downforce lol. Stock zl1 1le's can go low 2:30's.

Anyone familiar with these cars/classes that can shed some light on the lap times and race formats?

doesn't look like they have the top speed, even on my first newbie visit on the straight in a pretty stock sti i think i got to 145? plus traffic

The cars have a 2.0 MZR engine you would find in a miata/mazda3. So like 210 hp on a 235 wide tire. It is a spec car for a spec class to keep costs down.

You guys are all partially right haha. The car actually can run a high 2:23 in clean air but due to the lower power and catching the GT cars mid corner (where we have all our pace), race starts in heavy traffic just kill our lap time. As for top speed on that fast lap, data shows 144 going into Canada. I think the pace in the corners vs the straights is all part of the fun in this car though, you've got to be clever about how to manage passing the Astons and Porsches in the tricky spots all while keeping the other NP01s behind you.

The car could go faster than that, but we have to cut wt/power to 10.2 lbs/hp for WRL rules (about 168 hp to the wheels vs stock 197 hp at the wheels.)

IMG_4879.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info