• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ON3 Turbo Kit Feedback/Experiences

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
996.gif

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I had one of their kits for my 04 GT. You get what you pay for and for a cheap turbo kit, it still made me wish I had gone with a supercharger or paid up for a hellion kit.

Fitment was terrible. I had to have a fabricator tear most of it apart and cut/weld pipes and fittings to get it to fit decently. After paying for that and some other issues, the kit ended up costing me a whole lot more in the end. Probably close to a Hellion kit, but it was still an On3 kit...

They may have changed since then ('10 IIRC..) so I can't testify to that.

Also, my motor chunked a piston at the track, but I don't know how a 96 cobras internals are vs. a stock 2v.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Paxton/Novi seems to be the winner for $ per hp on most modular motors to my understanding.

I want a roots-type TVS for my Coyote because of the sound if nothing else. There are a lot of roots blower choices for Coyotes, dunno if 2 valves have the same selection or not. (Roush, FRPP, KB, Maggie, edlebrock even I think)

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
From what coyote people are saying, the current kits fitment are much better. They are still using cheap clamps, turbos and wastegate tho. But atleast the install will be straight forward with little to no modification. And there are plenty 0n3 cars out there running big power and times. And if you upgrade the wastegate and turbos, you got yourself a nice kit for a lot less than hellion.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have seen a few of their older kits. I know [MENTION=6493]splytsecond[/MENTION] had a lot of issues with his 2v kit. It wasn't on the car that long before he was tired of dealing with issues and put a TVS on the car instead.

The kits have blown though the hot side. They will replace the pipes sometimes. But not free of charge no matter what warranty they imply. The hardware, clamps, wastegate and BOV should be upgraded at a minimum. The turbos they use are not that bad. But upgrading that might be a good idea as well. Then you are still dealing with Chad and his employees. I have heard of parts missing and they basically told the customer to get their own parts.

I know the 2011-14 Mustang GT kits shipped and the one turbo would not bolt up. It hit something before it reached the flange. They decided to make little wedges to fill the gap. Which is one more potential place for a leak. It just goes to show you they have issues with production and testing of production runs.

If you buy a kit please budget an additional 40% of the kit cost for reworking, fabrication or parts purchases. But at that point it isn't much of a deal. lol Spend a little more money up front for a good proven kit and save yourself a whole lot of money, stress and aggravation later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info