• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

On3 Performance TT kit for Coyote....CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If I recall correctly (and I could be completely off base), but the fitment was garbage...as was the overall "presentation". But I might be thinking of another kit Angus was looking at at the time.

2011_on3_twin.jpeg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
On3 has been around for a long time. Depending on the car the kit is hit or miss. Seems the new edge kits were the biggest pita with fitment issues. The kit is cheap, but you get what you pay for and wouldn't want anything that kit offers. Knock off wastegates, bov, turbos, and cheap v bands is what your getting. I haven't seen the new 5.0 kit up close but dealing with the other ones makes me not want fo ever touch another.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
On3 was big with the 3Vs. They're some good stuff from what I hear. Much better than Hellion at least.

This couldn't be further from the truth.

I have had both kits for a fox body and the hellion kit blew the on3 shit away. The on3 keep is cheaper in every way and the fitment was garbage compared to the hellion. Even the fittings and small details were junk.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
This couldn't be further from the truth.

I have had both kits for a fox body and the hellion kit blew the on3 shit away. The on3 keep is cheaper in every way and the fitment was garbage compared to the hellion. Even the fittings and small details were junk.

Well it better be much better for $7500 compared to the $3800 for the on3.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008

My hellion kit was 4300 delivered with the upgrades. The on3 kit was 2700.

There's was no question about the difference in quality.

Maybe gt5.0 face is talking about a certain year but the foxbody kits were miles apart. The hellion kit fit in every single way. It was as complete as you could possibly get.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My hellion kit was 4300 delivered with the upgrades. The on3 kit was 2700.

There's was no question about the difference in quality.

Maybe gt5.0 face is talking about a certain year but the foxbody kits were miles apart. The hellion kit fit in every single way. It was as complete as you could possibly get.

Thats cool. But comparing the kits for the coyote, thats a huge gap in price. As long as the kit fits and makes boost, its worth it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
P

Not when you have to pay a shop to fix and repair the kit over and over again. I know three people that bought these kits. They took a lot of money to fix. And those owners who were very upset about the cost of repairing the kit, said the lack of customer support, refusal to ship parts that were missing and other customer service issues were what made the kit not worth buying. One had to buy $300 in parts. V band clamps, air cleaner and hardware were missing and they never made good on them.

Search theturboforums.com. They not only were pulled as a sponsor because of being shitty with customers on the site and poor products they were also banned from the site. This has happened on a few sites.

I know of the owner, chad. I do a lot of business with his dad. His dad is a awesome guy, makes quality parts and has a company based on customer service. Chad falls far from the family tree as far as business is concerned. I know the company chad hooked up with to build these kits. They were at sema with a copy of a well known 5.0 foxbody hot side. That is where it all began for On3.

They are working on a kit for your era vette. Feel free to buy one and tell us after one year his you feel about your experience. The only reason a company like this stays in business is because they know people who don't know better will be cheap. So have the cheapest kit and you will sell a ton. Until your reputation catches up with you in one market. Then you move to a new model.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Not when you have to pay a shop to fix and repair the kit over and over again. I know three people that bought these kits. They took a lot of money to fix. And those owners who were very upset about the cost of repairing the kit, said the lack of customer support, refusal to ship parts that were missing and other customer service issues were what made the kit not worth buying. One had to buy $300 in parts. V band clamps, air cleaner and hardware were missing and they never made good on them.

Search theturboforums.com. They not only were pulled as a sponsor because of being shitty with customers on the site and poor products they were also banned from the site. This has happened on a few sites.

I know of the owner, chad. I do a lot of business with his dad. His dad is a awesome guy, makes quality parts and has a company based on customer service. Chad falls far from the family as far as business is concerned. I know the company chad hooked up with to build these kits. They were at sema with a copy of a well known 5.0 foxbody hot side. That is where it all began for On3.

They are working on a kit for your era vette. Feel free to buy one and tell us after one year his you feel about your experience. The only reason a company like this stays in business is because they know people who don't know better will be cheap. So have the cheapest kit and you will sell a ton. Until your reputation catches up with you in one market. Then you move to a new model.

Good stuff Pratt. I have never seen one in person or talked to anyone that has one. I would be interested to see one in person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info