• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

On3 Performance TT kit for Coyote....CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
This couldn't be further from the truth.

Almost every Hellion kit for Coyotes that I've seen make decent power and aren't hot as fuck have had many, many pieces replaced. Every stock Coyote Hellion I've read nothing but bad things on.

Unless they finally got a better intercooler and a bigger turbo with the kit.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Almost every Hellion kit for Coyotes that I've seen make decent power and aren't hot as fuck have had many, many pieces replaced. Every stock Coyote Hellion I've read nothing but bad things on.

Unless they finally got a better intercooler and a bigger turbo with the kit.

My bad. I thought you were generalizing. I have no experience with the coyote.

However I have owned both fox body kits and they are years apart.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I had a kit on my new edge.

The cheap price is enticing but like someone already said, you make up for it when you have to have fitment issues fixed and v-bands replaced. I could have gotten a tried and true hellion kit (or blower) for the same total cost of the On3 kit. I did have the upgraded turbo option as well.

I had no issues with missing parts from On3.

I also learned a great lesson in life now that you get what you pay for.

suprchrgedjoe

Jan 27, 2013
I have the on3go on my 2v that i bought from a dealer. Used to be owned by a CMC member who traded it in for a 5.0. Exhaust pipes run next to the tires so u can't turn the wheel hard left or right which kinda sucks. It's a cheap Power master turbo which is like 1 step better than ebay. It will only last so long i guess. It's alot more fun than a stock gt but it's not the best turbo kit

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I have the on3go on my 2v that i bought from a dealer. Used to be owned by a CMC member who traded it in for a 5.0. Exhaust pipes run next to the tires so u can't turn the wheel hard left or right which kinda sucks. It's a cheap Power master turbo which is like 1 step better than ebay. It will only last so long i guess. It's alot more fun than a stock gt but it's not the best turbo kit

You have my old turbo kit.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I know he has his battles with that kit on the car.

And Master Power is WAY better than he Chinese and Taiwanese turbos. About 6-7 years ago they had some quality issues. But they are damn good turbos for the money. Especially years ago when you couldn't touch a t4 based Precision, or who ever, turbo for less than $2K.

A knock off chinese wastegate wouldnt make me sleep well at night! Its all good till youre replacing a motor.

I have seen new in the box units not work. We had to BOV that did not open at all. The valve stem was seized in the bore. I don't even like USA made valves with diaphragms. I like JGS stuff because it used a simple high temp O ring.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Shit. I have to bump this and refresh the opinions on it. Its too dam cheap, and tempting. But I have heard some horror stories about them too. And to be fair, I dont think I have not heard atleast one bad experience from any major shop/tuner. Everyone has their favorites. I have also seen several threads about these guys and this kit too saying it was awesome and made huge power at low boost. So......

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ditka+Stop+It.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Shit. I have to bump this and refresh the opinions on it. Its too dam cheap, and tempting. But I have heard some horror stories about them too. And to be fair, I dont think I have not heard atleast one bad experience from any major shop/tuner. Everyone has their favorites. I have also seen several threads about these guys and this kit too saying it was awesome and made huge power at low boost. So......

Paxton 2200 /thread

mmmmkayyy?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Apparently the turbos are Decent-ok, but want to do better IC and couplers at the very least.

Thats easily doable. And for the starting price of $3800, thats a steal even if you still have to put $1k into it. The cheapest blower is the beefcake vortech kit from SVTP that is $4500, and its still a tuner kit. Personally if I do blower, I'd do his paxton 2200 kit. But again, $4600+++ for everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info