Omicron's 2014 Mustang GT (DD)

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Guys having issues with the clutch sticking are tuned cars, like your, shifting over 7,200 rpm. The stock soft limiter is at 6,800 and the hard rev limiter is at 7,000. And the stock intake has HP fall over at 6,500. So no reason to shift a stock tuned car that high anyways.

I love the soft clutch for daily driving. If I ever get a replacement clutch it will be the stock Boss clutch. Nice pedal feel and hold a lot of power. OE is finally figuring out a clutch that hold up well is important. haha

How many times do I have to say it? My car isn't tuned. My red line is 7000. I was getting the stuck clutch problem with stock power and a stock tune just like everyone else did in this thread on S197.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
How many times do I have to say it? My car isn't tuned. My red line is 7000. I was getting the stuck clutch problem with stock power and a stock tune just like everyone else did in this thread on S197.

Uhhh don't you know all his insider ford guys give him the scoop? You're WRONG

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I could rape my last 11 GT to the soft limiter, but once it hit 6850 it would hit a brick wall and that was it. But I never had any of the shifting woes either stock. Once I got tuned and was shifting past 7k, the clutch pedal would stick to the floor causing a miss shift and then it would pop back so hard it would almost break my shin. Fucking hurt. I never got a clean pass with all my mods installed, otherwise I would have had an 11 second time slip from it. Fucking car. However I never did have the chance to install the upgraded clutch line. I did pull the clutch spring, and that didnt fix shit. All it did was make the clutch very heavy and I would never do that again. That was a real problem with that car, and brings back bad memories of it. With DRs, a K&N filter and tune I was running almost 118mph, but the ETs were shit because of the pedal issue.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Thanks everyone for compliments.

Real post time:

MGW shifter or bust. Almost 20000 on mine with it and it'slike fantastic.

Put Amsoil MTG in the transmission. The Ford OEM stuff and the "fix" for the transmission crunch is garbage. The MTG doesn't like cold but you just have to be easy on it until it warms up, then it's butter.

Take the stupid "assist" spring out of the clutch assembly. As simple as removing the cruise control deactivation switch(have to or you'll break the plastic that holds it in[ask me how I know]), a clip, pulling the plunger off the pedal and removing the two "hats" and the spring itself. You'll no longer have the high RPM, clutch sticking problem(trust me, you'll get it sooner or later).

I'll look into the MGW when I get closer to upgrading. I need to give it some break in time first.
re:AMSoil products-I definitely need more education on fluid tips and quality. I have seen a variety of opinions on the hi end fluids like AMS and RP and their true value. probably worth another topic.

Realize this car is not going to see a track, so redline shifts are not on the menu. I am not in favor of making the clutch heavy. it's a daily car. I will also have the Mrs drive it at some point so it needs a feathery clutch.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
On the subject of fluids, one thing interesting I did discover is that Track Pack Mustangs come from the factory with 5-50 full synthetic oil, and a slightly different engine calibration to account for this as a result. Noticed my Oil fill cap stated the requirement, so I checked my owners manual and our said the same thing. Not a big deal, but interesting nonetheless.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
On the subject of fluids, one thing interesting I did discover is that Track Pack Mustangs come from the factory with 5-50 full synthetic oil, and a slightly different engine calibration to account for this as a result. Noticed my Oil fill cap stated the requirement, so I checked my owners manual and our said the same thing. Not a big deal, but interesting nonetheless.

shelby's have it too. I think boss's too. But its not cheap. If you get the ford 5w50 its like $12 a qt.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have used RP oil in mine since the first oil change. Local oreilly started carrying AMSOIL shit a couple weeks ago. Just changed my oil with AMSOIL to try it and I will not go back...period. In this cold weather the motor sounded a little rough on initial start up with RP. I always let my car idle somewhat warm, so no big deal. Since I have switched to AMSOIL, I no longer have that rough noise at cold start up. Power feels smooth, and the engine sounds smooth and great. I have a couple of days off and am planning on changing my trans fluid to said AMSOIL MTG..I will report back with results as I am still on stock fluid. I would recommend AMSOil over RP any day. No scientific data besides my ears and white knuckles.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
35yc3i.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Do some searching around here. Great information and actual data on a lot of the fluids used in cars.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I changed the rear end fluid on my car when I did the rear end girdle, obviously. That was around 14,000 miles. It was nasty looking. And had material in it. I think they set the traction lock up loose. So the friction material slips and wear out quick. So you may want to change that fluid periodically.

Drew rebuilt his traction lock with real low miles. Like 5K or so. Adding extra plates on each side to tighten it up over the factory plates. Once I decide on a gear ratio I plan to do the same with the FRPP carbon fiber plates. Being the car comes with 31 spline axles I think the rear end will be set for a while.

Thread Info