Old hp vs new hp

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
but..as an older person.its all we had back then

we dealt with what we had...Speed Shops/Small Dragstrips etc.. you could walk into and buy that Holley carb & be excited! Or the Cragar Wheels/Hooker Headers you saved up for working at some fast food joint at 18.
A sticker/decal made it faster...lmao

ask your Dad

you younger people hate our "old school rock/roll music"...thats what we had back then

maybe,us older guys hate the new shit they play now.which you now you like & we hate..different Generations?

Now,you order online,we were excited to put our hard earned $$ to buy shit & walk in to purchase..we were somebody

Its Old School vs New School ,its simply what you like/want?...New School Wins without a doubt,Technology Wins
but Old School has Chrome/looks/bumper/cam & "the smell"

all is good,just sayin'..give us a break...it was/is fun
I can 100% respect that, excellent post. I don’t personally hate your music unless it’s shit from the 50’s. For the life of me, I don’t understand why that shit is still played at shows and cruise nights. Time to get at least in to the 70’s.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

we dealt with what we had...Speed Shops/Small Dragstrips etc.. you could walk into and buy that Holley carb & be excited! Or the Cragar Wheels/Hooker Headers you saved up for working at some fast food joint at 18.

ask your Dad

you younger people hate our "old school rock/roll music"...thats what we had back then

maybe,us older guys hate the new shit they play now.which you now you like & we hate..different Generations?

Now,you order online,we were excited to put our hard earned $$ to buy shit & walk in to purchase..we were somebody

Its Old School vs New School ,its simply what you like/want?...New School Wins without a doubt,Technology Wins

I always remember these Chevrolet print ads from a couple years back;

Untitled-3-2.jpg

gm-billboard-advertisements.jpg

Reactions: cap42 and GTPpower

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

ask your Dad

Totally respect all of this, but what cracks me up is people that exaggerate the hell out of their stories or still "live" back in those times in their mind and reject/dismiss anything modern.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My dad was always one of those "man, my Duster back in the day was the fastest thing", and I don't really blame him because the 80's/90's made some pretty lackluster stuff from the factory. Once he drove my orange Fox Mustang, he was like "oh shit, my Duster was slow". That Orange Mustang (even on nitrous) was a turd compared to my S550. Modern cars are out of control fast. And they do it while feeling totally stock usually, which is dangerous. At least in my Fox body, it felt like it was difficult to handle, kinda making you respect it more.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info