Old gtp

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Fiero’s are cheap and 3800’s fit. Like others I always wanted a rwd 3800 that had a more reliable trans. While the trans’ really aren’t that much better, the cars are a whole lot lighter which helps. Plus it’s fun having a 3800 with a manual.

5AB780B7-0426-41AA-873A-E09D2C6579F0.jpeg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well, if you want to get back into it they're all really cheap! My redfire one was the best one of them all and it was a piece of shit when I bought it from Rob from SDD. Fuckin' cigarettes all over, smelled like shit, interior looked like it had a proper soup kitchen and the front was all fucked up. After the restoration and turbo kit that car was just fantastic and I miss it.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Even if it hurts power the NIC cam is the best one to listen to. The ST5 turbo cam is pretty lopey too as seen above but even if I went with a turbo, I'd get that NIC cam for the cool idle sounds despite it being wrong for the setup :rofl: The motors can make more than enough power in completely stock form to ruin any built transmission anyways.

Reactions: v6buicks

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's a few hero stories here and there, which gives a false sense of hope lol. PANDA made a ton of 12sec passes with his setup on a stock trans too and his car was full weight. Ron's was quite lighter than the average car with his interesting ways to remove a lot of weight :rofl: PANDA PANDA's car had quite a few miles on it as well, but like all of his cars it was very well taken care of and it still had rocker rust.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There's a few hero stories here and there, which gives a false sense of hope lol. PANDA made a ton of 12sec passes with his setup on a stock trans too and his car was full weight. Ron's was quite lighter than the average car with his interesting ways to remove a lot of weight :rofl: PANDA PANDA's car had quite a few miles on it as well, but like all of his cars it was very well taken care of and it still had rocker rust.

I feel like the way to preserve rockers was to store the car indoors and never wash it :rofl: Keep away from any water at all costs. My car was meticulously and regularly washed, and still Flintstoned. Part of me would like to still buy one of these and take the collective knowledge learned from this community over the years and do a simple sleeper build.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info