• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

oil pressure switch

F

fastcash

i guess it's located around the filter, and it tells the pcm whether or not the motor oil pressure is correct. well, hopefully that is the only problem with my ride. we'll see.

F

fastcash

Originally posted by snoop@Feb 3 2005, 05:39 PM
its a sensor, i have one if you need one boss
[snapback]70262[/snapback]​

son of a... the warranty shit is covering it, but i had to pay for some of the tow and 75 deductible. this fuccccing ponti crap.

just out of curiosity, how much would you charge for this?

I

imported_snoop

to change the sensor, ummmmm prolly free. it would take about all of maybe 10 mins. how much did they charge you

F

fastcash

Originally posted by snoop@Feb 3 2005, 05:45 PM
to change the sensor, ummmmm prolly free. it would take about all of maybe 10 mins. how much did they charge you
[snapback]70266[/snapback]​
it was warranty work, but i have to pay a deductible, and some of the tow. If the thing died at home, i would have been cool. But, nooooo, fucccccing 290/355 southbound lake st. ramp !!!! :angry:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
that pressur sensor only turns the light on when the pressur drops below like 10 psi.

and you don't evean need it if you put an oil pressur guage in. I just zip tied mine out of the way and put the fiting for my guage in the same hole.

Brett

F

fastcash

Originally posted by 1quick98_gs@Feb 4 2005, 08:02 AM
that pressur sensor only turns the light on when the pressur drops below like 10 psi.

and you don't evean need it if you put an oil pressur guage in. I just zip tied mine out of the way and put the fiting for my guage in the same hole.

Brett
[snapback]70334[/snapback]​

ok, will the sensor not ground and cause the fuel pump to shut down if it is seriously fouled?

that is the alleged problem that i am encountering.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I will have to look at mine but It is eather just conected and hanging out in the elements or I just unpluged it and have it sitting some whare. I don't think that it would kill your fuel pump if it was fouled it just turns on a low pressur light on the dash.

Brett

F

fastcash

yeah, it was actually the fuel pump resistor(?)/relay that made the gas shut down, the oil switch was fixed, though it wasn't the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom