Oil pan leaking

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Reaction score
The car has been loosing oil greatly now and its not burning oil its leaking all over my Tranny and ground slowly.

Anyone know how easy of a fix this is? And willing to tackle it if its easy.

$$$ of course.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I dont think anyone can help until you tell us where it is leaking from.

OP
s4rge

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Reaction score
I dont think anyone can help until you tell us where it is leaking from.
From the oil pan area :confused: :dunno: I see oil by the middle bolt closest to the tranny. My guess is the gasket is bad but im not car smart at all.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
It could be leaking from the Main seal in the front, the oil filter housing, an allen plug in the heads, the cam cover gasket, the oil pan, trans front seal, rear main cover.

I could continue, but im trying to convey your problem cant be solved over the internet.

OP
s4rge

s4rge

Laser Red Stanger
Reaction score
It could be leaking from the Main seal in the front, the oil filter housing, an allen plug in the heads, the cam cover gasket, the oil pan, trans front seal, rear main cover.

I could continue, but im trying to convey your problem cant be solved over the internet.
:eek: You just blew my mind with all of that :( . My guess its the oil pan because i see the oil by that mainly and its all over the front half of my tranny.

01bluesnake

Cobra Brigade Mad Scientist
Reaction score
best bet is to clean all the oil off with cans of brake clean very well, add in some dye and drive the car, check every couple days, but you will need a special light bulb to show the dye.

tinosc281

Reaction score
oil pan

could also be your rear main seal.to replace the gasket you either drop the k-member down or lift the engine high enough to slide pan out.major pita.clean all the oil off with the degreaser.use dye just like the other guy recommended.the rear seal you have to drop the trans,

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
What Tino said, but a leak at the rear of the pil pan is not uncommon on these motors for some reason. Chances are that is where is it leaking from.
The easiest way is to drop the k-member as low as it needs to go without taking it completely off the car, and then drop the pan off the motor.

stock-t-bird

HVAC/R PARTS EQUIPMENT
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a UV light if needed if your going that route...also have dye,but mine is used in HVAC industry.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom