• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Oil filter shelf life?

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I just a bought an oil filter for my new Charger at a dealership. It has the year 2015 on it. Is that no big deal ? It looks good. Brand new.

Would you guys use it?

I like to change the oil on brand new engines by 1k miles. To get the break in contaminates out. For peace of mind.

After that every 6k miles. It takes 7 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum OW-40 Full Synthetic

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
If it’s a new car they give you a free oil change

You’re right. I have to check on that.

Would you use that oil filter? I’m very fussy about shit like that.

The Chevy dealer I bought my Camaro from over a year ago gave me 2 free oil changes. In Bridgeview. Right up the street from Polekatz. Lol.

Actually I can Take the Camaro to any Chevy dealer for the 2 free oil changes.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Marko, wether you use this one or not. Always Use the original Mopar oil filter on the hemis. It has some doo hickey in it that maintains oil pressure or some shit that the hemi requires. Older hemis would get the hemi tick at start up if you don’t use OE oil filter. You can do a search on it. I personally only use original oil filters on my cars.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Marko, wether you use this one or not. Always Use the original Mopar oil filter on the hemis. It has some doo hickey in it that maintains oil pressure or some shit that the hemi requires. Older hemis would get the hemi tick at start up if you don’t use OE oil filter. You can do a search on it. I personally only use original oil filters on my cars.

Thanks man

Yep. I’ll definitely use the Mopar filter.

I think Ford has the same valve doo hickey in their motorcraft oil filters. I always used those on my 03 Cobra.

This is the same one used on 2019 cars.

Attachments

• A79536B9-785D-4709-AAF2-41FBE4CA3916.jpg
    A79536B9-785D-4709-AAF2-41FBE4CA3916.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 76
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info