3800 Oil everywhere

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
I was driving my car today after the header install (about two weeks ago) just got it out of storage, and smelt something burning. i just thought it was the headers buring off my finger prints. I get home and pop the hood to find oil everywhere. It was leaking in the front of the motor. so i figured it was the valve cover gasket so i replaced it. Everything was good no leaks. I took it for a ride about 2 miles and come home same frikin thing, oil dripping on my front header valve cover is soaked and s/c has oil spashed on it. The fas are bone dry so it is not hitting the fan and spraying all over. If anyone has any clue what it could be please help me out! Thanks in advance.

John

john99gtp

Regular
Jul 20, 2007
lockport
DING DING DING we got a winner sortof i checked the dip stick, not the tube, and thats where it is "spraying" out of. But mine was bad so i just tried my buddys he has a gtp too and cleaned the oil off everything took it for a spin and IT POPPED OUT AGIAN!!! His oring on the dip stick is good and everything. Any ideas to why it is coming out. I think it might be only at 3/4 throttle or higher. Thanks agian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info