Oil Disposal

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Really? I had no idea it was illegal to do. Thanks for the info. I'll take it to autozone or somewhere else from now on.

Yeah I guess if they want to they can hit you pretty hard with fines because they consider the oil a hazardous material. I have a feeling if it was a 1st time thing they would just hit you with a warning, buy you never know.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Cool. I know exactly where that's at. Thanks

Do you know if they keep the containers or do they make you take them?

If you wait you can take them, if not they dispose. I think they prefer to keep them as it helps the lines move faster. At least that's how it used to be. I haven't been in a few years since Auto Zone started taking and there is on a mile from my house.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
If you wait you can take them, if not they dispose. I think they prefer to keep them as it helps the lines move faster. At least that's how it used to be. I haven't been in a few years since Auto Zone started taking and there is on a mile from my house.

Yeah they give you the option... I remember they told me to stop using milkjugs becasue they could break open easily and they ended up giving me some old jug with thicker plastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info