Oil changes.. Anyone work for a place?

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I get an oil change on my Tahoe like once a month and it would be nice to get hooked up at least with some decent customer service. I been going to this Jiffy Lube by my house for a while because the manager was always cool and usually did the oil for 20 cash in the pocket. They got some prick in there as manager now and turned away my business a few minutes to closing time this past Sunday.

Needless to say, I won't be going back there. So. Does anyone have preferences or suggestions of where to go in the Elgin area for this?

And no, I'm not doing it myself.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
every month? holy jesus

i go to the oil works by the theater for all my changes. ive been going there since the grand prix days...sure i could change my oil but i usually get nice discounts cause all the guys there love my cars so we tend to shoot the shit while it gets changed

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Jiffy Lube... :run:

Once a month, how much do you drive? I would say if you have a place to work. Buy oil in the gallon jugs, and change it yourself. I would assume the truck is high enough off the ground that you dont have to lift it to change the oil making it easier. You could change the oil for less than $20 easy.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I goto a quicklube by my place. Ive been going there for a few years so I know the manager by name and most of the people that work there. We always get caught up talking cars when they look under my hood.

They asked WTF when they saw the Regal the first time then understood why when they popped the hood.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Jiffy Lube... :run:

Once a month, how much do you drive? I would say if you have a place to work. Buy oil in the gallon jugs, and change it yourself. I would assume the truck is high enough off the ground that you dont have to lift it to change the oil making it easier. You could change the oil for less than $20 easy.

I'm already said I'm not doing it.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I take mine to the Jiffy Lube I worked at back in high school and after college for a few months. They let me do it myself, use high-mileage oil and don't charge me. Then I usually buy the shop pizzas for a Saturday lunch or bring mass amounts of donuts in the morning.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I dont know if some of you have seen the weather outside lately, but I for sure am not going out into my parking lot in this balls cold weather to do a fucking oil change. You can lick each others taints if thats what you would do.

I know its cold out, but like I said, "if you have a place to work" change it yourself. Ryan has some nice cars, I assume he has a garage at his place. He says he doesent want todo it himself though.

I personally would never goto Jiffy Lube or other Quicky Lube for maintance or repairs on my car. If I cant fix it myself, I take it to someone I trust. Some people trust Jiffy Lube, I dont. Reminds me when my sister took her 96 Integra to a Jiffy Lube and they sold her a $70 synthetic oil change "because it was a Acura" and also reccomended she replace all this bullshit parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Just like any retail chain, there's good ones and bad ones. The turnover rate is so high that one week you could have an honest, hard working staff, and the next week you could be working with a bunch of hacks.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
take it to my store, the Reichert Quick Lube. i will hook you up, just ask for boosh and say you want the chicago garage discount.

why would you want to go to my quicklube? ummmm first off we are a GM dealership so you will get factory quality parts and techs who work on the same car everyday, so they know whats up. second- i used to work at those "budget" places and i can tell you from experience that they know nothing of what they are doing, also the price seems to go up from what they say it is on the sign. we also dont bother you with all that trans/ coolant flush/ air filter bullshit. plus i will personally see to it that you will be taken care of.

you didnt say exactly what kind of tahoe you have but im just gonna assume its a 98-2006 bodystyle with a 5.3L engine. they take a PF46 oil filter and 6 quarts of 5/30. i can do that oil change for "normal" customers for $33.86 but for you i can knock off $10 so it will be $23.86. note that this is the out the door price, after tax and everything. if you have a 8.1L dont even bother bringing it to my shop because i will hate you forever!

just in case you were wondering we are on RT 14 in crystal lake next door to dominics about a mile west of RT 31. my name is Boosh (sean) and i work everyday from 7 till 2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info