• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Oh the choices!!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Now that an aftermarket is starting to shapen up for our cars, I was wondering what everyone is running/plans to run when it comes to Poweradders?

1. Stock Eaton - Great bang for the buck, lots of options, but runs out of steam at 14psi, and has a very limited CFM flow.

2. Ported Eaton - Cheap upgrade that really helps uncork the topend for the Eatons. 130 trap very possible without touching the motor. Still runs out of steam around 15psi though.

3. 2.2L Kenne Bell - The only true proven aftermarket blower out there. Has created amazing numbers on the dyno, but seems to need alot of suspension work to run good times at the track. Doesnt run out of steam until 21+psi. Amazingly flat TQ curve. And that damn oil spray :bash:

4. Procharger P1-SC2 - Got to love that top end of a Centri. Too bad its a 6 rib, needs 20psi to make 660rwhp, and is dead until 4500rpms. If you cant tell, Im not a fan :2g:

5. Whipple - Damn fine looking unit, very promising. Has produced good numbers so far, and has little pluses to it (no oil spray, extra Idler not needed) Lets see what happens when the public gets it, and lets see some track times before we hail it as the almighty.....like many tools on SVTP have :rolleyes:

The FUTURE.........

6. 2.4L Kenne Bell - You will all see one sooner than you think. :biggthump

7. Procharger F1 - If they dont change to a 8 rib it will never be a competitor.

8. Works - Dont hold your breath, Its not happening

So whats everybodys opinions on the matter? Any different perspectives that I missed???

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Well my plans are to stick with a roots blower.. My car is a daily driver and not a track queen, that coupled with the fact that I love instant low end torque seals the fate of the Procharger...

which leaves me with the Ported Eaton or Whipple (I've already dropped the KB from contention due to price and oil spray)

Now the only decision is whether to dump the money for the Whipple or not. Comon sense tells me no, what do you need more than 500rwhp? but the little devil keeps chanting "power power power"

I'm really leaning towards the ported Eaton, unless I find a money tree growing in my back yard come springtime...

Now my question is why does Apten get all the glory for the Ported Eaton? I've heard REM does a fine job, with similar if not the same HP numbers and yet costs $200 less??

what am I missing there??

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
Now my question is why does Apten get all the glory for the Ported Eaton? I've heard REM does a fine job, with similar if not the same HP numbers and yet costs $200 less??

what am I missing there??
Apten was the first to do heavy advertising for their porting work, and the first to generate dyno results. Thats why they get all the glory.

Hell, Xtreme Motorsports has been porting Eatons for a year and a half. But you never hear about it. Why? They dont advertise it.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
hj16 said:
Apten was the first to do heavy advertising for their porting work, and the first to generate dyno results. Thats why they get all the glory.

Hell, Xtreme Motorsports has been porting Eatons for a year and a half. But you never hear about it. Why? They dont advertise it.
Are there any dyno numbers to show the improvements with the REM and Extreme ported blowers?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info