🏡 Better Homes OffshoreDrilling's (mostly) DIY Solar install extravaganza.

Thread
Why Solar?
Economics of Solar

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
We good. In NYC for the week but I can turn it on when I’m back home.
F2BFE60A-26D0-4986-AEAA-64E6168A0475.jpeg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
just threw the switches and breakers, making a whopping 173W!!! I’ve got one inverter that’s not connecting in an easy spot to get to thank god. May just be distance from the wireless gateway or something’s up. Easy things first
View attachment 142435
Lemme come over and charge my phone.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
System hasn’t generated shit yet. The monitoring kind of sucks ass too, I’m going to toss on something aftermarket down the road for a better idea of what I’m making. Just tossing an amp clamp on it, system is making almost 2x what the app says

Found I have a bad inverter as well. Luckily it’s behind the easiest spot to get to.

Panels output voltage, voltage at the AC trunk, can’t communicate with it and no status/diagnostic LED.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
System hasn’t generated shit yet. The monitoring kind of sucks ass too, I’m going to toss on something aftermarket down the road for a better idea of what I’m making. Just tossing an amp clamp on it, system is making almost 2x what the app says

Found I have a bad inverter as well. Luckily it’s behind the easiest spot to get to.

Panels output voltage, voltage at the AC trunk, can’t communicate with it and no status/diagnostic LED.
So, what you're saying is, solar is the way of the future and we need to eliminate dino fuels.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
173w? My tiny setup is capable of 2400w output and carries load of 1500w no problem, esp when the sun is out. Have you been running this thing prior disconnected from the grid but still producing?

Also, did you go with batteries in your setup?
No batteries. System won’t run unless it’s seeing voltage from the grid. Got as high as 500ish Watts yesterday lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info