🥱 Officially new Official Bored Thread

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I’ve dug pretty deep into it a couple of years back. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Sure you can make a living off it, but thinking your going to make more than you do now without putting in 14hr days then your kidding yourself.

Had a ex-coworker who did some delivery contract work with FedEx in orland parks hub. He started with one truck , then he purchased a few more routes / trucks from others doing the same, hired drivers, filled in when needed, and then sold his routes to another person who would just buy organized / good staffed / liked by FedEx routes. Hours he said were brutal at times during the holidays, but made out really well when he sold them off.
My wife’s 60 year old coworker “owns” two Amazon trucks for the past three years. She doesn’t make as much because she pays for “them” to do everything like fuel and maintenance. That’s where my wife got the idea from. My wife will be getting a settlement for her accident and this is what she wants to do with her money. Also, my son’s friend’s family owned several Fed-Ex routes too. They did very well.

It’s still a process to get accepted and right now only routes in Chicago are open. Plus there is this whole $30k needed for startup we don’t have yet. LOL

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
This year I tried this special brine crap for the turkey da wife wanted. All good except when you put the liquid in the bag with the turkey, the bag folded and I spilled about two gallons of brine and raw turkey fluid all over our kitchen counter. I was up until 1:00 am cleaning the mess…Happy Thanksgiving you heathens.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
My wife’s 60 year old coworker “owns” two Amazon trucks for the past three years. She doesn’t make as much because she pays for “them” to do everything like fuel and maintenance. That’s where my wife got the idea from. My wife will be getting a settlement for her accident and this is what she wants to do with her money. Also, my son’s friend’s family owned several Fed-Ex routes too. They did very well.

It’s still a process to get accepted and right now only routes in Chicago are open. Plus there is this whole $30k needed for startup we don’t have yet. LOL
Shoulda skipped the blinds and chandelier install.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Happy Thanksgiving all. I was up early this morning for a call with Europe and now have the entire rest of the day off to hang around the house. Called some family that I won’t see this holiday and enjoying the silence in the house.

Will build a fire in the fireplace and hang up a new antenna outside today so I can try my hand at some DX.

Will also deep fry a turkey today and have one more to roast for a big meal this weekend.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
30k when amazon is obviously hurting and downward trending...seems risky. What's the end payout %?

Gaurenteed US Bonds are at like 4%+ almost 5 and probably going up some more....thats easy money.
You need to show $30k in the bank to be considered. Start up cost will prolly be around $10k. The end payout is not a % of the $30k. It’s based on income from deliveries minus your expenses. Like a normal business. The more trucks you run the more you make. We see it as supplemental income as we are getting older and I won’t be able to sling snake oil anymore.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
You need to show $30k in the bank to be considered. Start up cost will prolly be around $10k. The end payout is not a % of the $30k. It’s based on income from deliveries minus your expenses. Like a normal business. The more trucks you run the more you make. We see it as suplemental income as we are getting older and I won’t be able to sling snake oil anymore.
Not a bad way to write a bunch of stuff off either.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
You need to show $30k in the bank to be considered. Start up cost will prolly be around $10k. The end payout is not a % of the $30k. It’s based on income from deliveries minus your expenses. Like a normal business. The more trucks you run the more you make. We see it as suplemental income as we are getting older and I won’t be able to sling snake oil anymore.

You should give it a try Juano at 10k it’s a very minimal risk.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
You need to show $30k in the bank to be considered. Start up cost will prolly be around $10k. The end payout is not a % of the $30k. It’s based on income from deliveries minus your expenses. Like a normal business. The more trucks you run the more you make. We see it as supplemental income as we are getting older and I won’t be able to sling snake oil anymore.
What are the 10k startup costs?

When you've got experienced guys like Shawn telling you they've done the leg work and it's not an easy money maker it might be a good idea to think twice before you go further.

Not a bad way to write a bunch of stuff off either.
Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

When you've got experienced guys like Shawn telling you they've done the leg work and it's not an easy money maker it might be a good idea to think twice before you go further.

Nothing is a easy money maker in owning a business and like Shawn said u got to put in lots of hours.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

The cost of starting a corporation plus handhelds the drivers use. I respect Shawn’s opinion but we know some one that has two trucks and has been doing it for 3 years.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Nothing is a easy money maker in owning a business and like Shawn said u got to put in lots of hours.
Your working 7 days a week pretty much all year.
The cost of starting a corporation plus handhelds the drivers use. I respect Shawn’s opinion but we know some one that has two trucks and has been doing it for 3 years.
Shit, I hope it works out for you guys. But be prepared as mentioned above to work 7 days a week. I know a guy who bought the bigger Sprinter van 5-6 years ago and starting running “hot shots”. He has 3 Sprinters now and he says he is doing very well for himself. I’ve heard others mention there is good money to be made running “hot shots”. Maybe spend a few hours looking into that.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

Thread Info